Golf clubs or Fett Blaster???

That's a good suggestion. She might just not understand the concept so she is simply indifferent about SW. If you can get her to watch all the movies, and explain to her, she me actually like it!

But it was still funny when you told me she asked you "What's a JAWA?!"
I know it!!! That moment was priceless.:cheers

Heck....my fiance confuses Darth Vader and Chewbacca all the time.

The only character she knows is Boba Fett and thats because I have him tattooed on my leg

Here is an idea....Step one: get clubs. Step Two: practice. Step Three: Go Pro. Step four: all the money you make form going pro can be used to build the sweetest Fett!! It might take some time but should work. Good Luck and it does sound like she is supportive of it, she just needs to get a little more into it. Possible Ewok costume maybe? Cheers!

There you go. Irish has the best idea yet. That is totally funny that she did not know what a Jawa was. What closet has she been hiding in? Let me guess the girly girl closet????:lol:

Here is an idea....Step one: get clubs. Step Two: practice. Step Three: Go Pro. Step four: all the money you make form going pro can be used to build the sweetest Fett!! It might take some time but should work. Good Luck and it does sound like she is supportive of it, she just needs to get a little more into it. Possible Ewok costume maybe? Cheers!

Good call. How 'bout Tiger Fett? Or Fett Woods? I could accomplish both, make millions and bring attention to our cause. Hmmm, golf in armor...It sounds nice.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Let's not forget. "Boba Woods" Sounds a little redneck but I could make it work.

Well, Why does you wife bother asking what you want then turn around and say no to your answer...:confused
Sounds like my wife...lol.

Seriously, both are just things/objects, I say get what you want.

My wife asked me the same question once and I wanted an ipod or iphone for the longest time BUT Fetpride came out w/ V.03 armor... she gave me what I wanted, sure.. she made a fuss but its what I wanted and i'm happy for it.

Clubs are so easy to get but a good Fett Blaster... now thats something else.:cheers

To make things worse my wife is allllllll over me to take her to see the new HULK!!!

My wife really rocks!!! Now to indoctrinate her to SW.

Fett blaster. I used to golf, it didn't take. I refuse to get married to a non SW woman, so thats my short answer

I would tend to agree with Voltaire here, I've got a girlfriend who's funny, gorgeous, and loves me, and loves Star Wars, and anything I LOVE.

She also loves the 501st, I lent her my anakin outfit, and she tailored it to her size, all on her own, and then attended several 501st events with me, and I can see myself with her for the rest of my life, and she told me she wanted to get married to me, and things are just perfect, you have to find that someone who loves you for you, and not just part of you, but all of you, because you have to be together for a whole lifetime, and you might as well enjoy it.

So If I were you, I'd tell the wife, listen honey, this is me, this is who I am, and I'm not gonna change, it would make me so happy if you could see it from my perspective, because the simple things like this are things that I enjoy.

Or something like that...I'm not married, so....I don't know for sure...but hey, worth a shot

I would have to say that there a ton of valid points here too but lets not forget the reason for the question. I am not interested in "trading in" my wife as there is no way in HE** that I could do better than her. That is truly NOT an option. Besides I don't think anyone could tollerate me like she does. I am just interested in bring the story line that we are so passionate about into her life a little and have an understand what makes us strive for such perfection on something that is pure fiction and fantasy. I could not begin to tell you why I am such a huge Fett fan. Some would say that its the adventure. Well, I have seen 7 combat tours and been a street cop in a large city for over 8 years so I think I covered that. I would only guess that its the mystery, story line, characters, music, drama and a VERY well made series (IMO. Yes I even liked TPM).
My wife and I share numerous other hobbies together including Scuba, Skiing, Boating, OU Football and Jimmy Buffet concerts/music. But she doesn't hunt with me (even though she loves the meat) and I don't scrap book with her (I would rather chew on aluminum foil while shaving my wrists in a warm bath) So we are seperate and I want to help her understand what it is we do and why we do it. (Neither of which I can even answer)

So I put it to the forum to share your stories and advice. I LOVE the sense of humor that fills this place. You are a witty witty crew here. CHEERS and thanks for any help you can bare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoken like a man who has it all. I am just in reverse. I just don't see me trading "up" on this one. I think I'll keep her.:)

Nah, I don’t have it all my friend, you do. Though I would say that for most women around here (in my world, that is) SW fandom is a total deal killer, which is the only reason I even maintain the slightest presence on the Internet, once I find her, I am off. I have been down this rocky road to many times since 97’ (it wasn’t until 2003 did I even realize my fandom was having an impact on my relationships) , so since I am still technically single, full disclosure is a must upfront. Hey, the 4th bedroom in the house is gonna be the Star Wars room! I got to be fair to a woman (and myself) if that ain’t her idea of a household.

I mean simply for me, I do this because yes it is fun as can be and keeps me very busy, But it is the sense of community and how you (a guy or girl in plastic sheets) can affect someone so much. The event that comes to mind is when the 501st troops at hospitals where there are terminally ill kids / burn vistims / many others. It is humbling to think that we might be the last thing to make that kid smile. It's sad to think like that but it is a touching event. I am looking foward to eventually participating in a troop like that as a Boba. That is why I do it personally, it isn't just a Con thing, it is truely a community thing. Wether it is in the SW community, Fett community, or just in your local community. I think once she understand the magnatude of what it is the 501st is, she might be more supportive in your actions. Personally, my girlfriend supports me and now wants to do a TK!!! But it is after what I explained to her that made her realize what exactly the 501st is and what we do. Hope that helps on a more serious note. Cheers!! P.S. I heard the Hulk was really good!

I mean simply for me, I do this because yes it is fun as can be and keeps me very busy, But it is the sense of community and how you (a guy or girl in plastic sheets) can affect someone so much. The event that comes to mind is when the 501st troops at hospitals where there are terminally ill kids / burn vistims / many others. It is humbling to think that we might be the last thing to make that kid smile. It's sad to think like that but it is a touching event. I am looking foward to eventually participating in a troop like that as a Boba. That is why I do it personally, it isn't just a Con thing, it is truely a community thing. Wether it is in the SW community, Fett community, or just in your local community. I think once she understand the magnatude of what it is the 501st is, she might be more supportive in your actions. Personally, my girlfriend supports me and now wants to do a TK!!! But it is after what I explained to her that made her realize what exactly the 501st is and what we do. Hope that helps on a more serious note. Cheers!! P.S. I heard the Hulk was really good!

Wow, I have not been fortunate enough to have any dealings with the 501st. I had hoped to join after I finished my Fett but you convinced me that I will join if they will accept me. Thanks.:cheers Good Answer

Nah, I don’t have it all my friend, you do. Though I would say that for most women around here (in my world, that is) SW fandom is a total deal killer, which is the only reason I even maintain the slightest presence on the Internet, once I find her, I am off. I have been down this rocky road to many times since 97’ (it wasn’t until 2003 did I even realize my fandom was having an impact on my relationships) , so since I am still technically single, full disclosure is a must upfront. Hey, the 4th bedroom in the house is gonna be the Star Wars room! I got to be fair to a woman (and myself) if that ain’t her idea of a household.

What about those that develope the Fettish over time and become one of us??? I could see the possible impact to a relationship. Thats why ultimately my spouse is No. 1! The kids 2. The dog 3. Work 4. Life and hobbies last on the priority scale. People who make kids the priority find themselves staring at a stranger when the kids leave home.

I am getting my boyfriend into wearing my Fett just so I can oogle over him in it , lol

I met him while doing my costuming, at Star Wars Weekends at Disney. So the only problem we have is what to do with our combined collections. :( lol

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back