What materials are best for making stuff?

MetroidHunter26

New Hunter
Well I'm new hi and I see alot of people making stuff(Like Iron Man, and Boba fett costumes) and I was wondering what materials do you use and where do you buy them? and if theres any tips on makng what you want to make thanks for any answers you give me. :)

that's a HUGE question :)

what you are making, what skills you have, resources available, etc... all has to weigh into that.

would it make sense to make stormtrooper armor out of fiberglass? not at all... the originals were vacformed plastic. but if you don't have the gear to do that, but do auto body work for a living, you might decided that glass is the way to go.

the best thing to do (and this applies to almost every question that ever comes up here) is to just read other threads. there are tons of scratch building threads here. cardboard, trash cans, plastic, resin, fiberglass, metal... it's all here.

Well I live in in southern utah and I think tk7602 gave me a goo answer but if there are any others please don't hesitate.

and to answer another question you gave tk I'm trying to make a Iron Man suit and a Boba Fett one ;D so thanks for any help you guys give me! and now it's off to explore these parts. *explores the whole dented helmet forums for more juicy info*

sintra link-http://www.tri-dee.com/Sintra%20sheets%20information.htm
and resin
seem to be the top building materials here though some people make brilliant stuff out of cardboard

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back