What's your occupation?

Electrical Engineer for a medical device company.

Currently applying to medical schools to switch professions to actual medicine.

Yes I am late to the game and yes I am a glutton for punishment.

Studied mechanical engineering for 5 years..

Been working as a roofer ever since... anyways, around here my pay is better that most engineers!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for a large department store chain, designing window displays and producing decals for all their window/instore needs. Whoo! *dies from the excitement of it all*

Yup, I am Display Designer/ Gerber Operator. The pay is pitiful so I supplement it doing what I wish I was doing full time, painting portraits.

This is one creative crowd! I'm impressed.

I'm a video game designer, worked on some games you might know (go Master Chief!). Currently I'm taking a break from the industry to start my own game business. By night, I'm painting or creating Star Wars costumes.

Deunan Shiruba
Jedi: 100%
Luminara: 35%
Zam Wesell: 10% (current project)

You and me both...

I'm currently unemployed - a result of the greatness that is the current state of the economy. I'm looking at being hired back after the first of the year, but for now, I'm working on several helmet projects, trying to get back into my own film making, and always looking for acting gigs in films.

In fact, I just completed my ADR work to replace the voice of the character, Darth Takai, in the upcoming fan film STAR WARS THE FORGOTTEN.(y)

David.

hey, I'm in that movie too LOL I play all the TIE pilots and an X-Wing pilot. But my voice is being dubbed because I cant get back over there to do it myself. lol

I'm a web designer working for a company that plays with the USAF and other Government contracts.

Today I came off of Active Duty with the US Army, but have been paying my bills as the Propmaster for a TV/Webseries spinoff of the movie, Jumper.

Also play music here and there.

hey, I'm in that movie too LOL I play all the TIE pilots and an X-Wing pilot. But my voice is being dubbed because I cant get back over there to do it myself. lol

I know!:cheers Carlo and Erik showed me some of the work you did. I didn't see all of it, but they said they loved having all the 501st work with the film. I know that the CG will add so much to the film, but seeing you and everyone else in front of the Green Screen was interesting.

I can't wait for the premier party!

David.

Been a cop for 12 years, the last two I've been in the Detective Bureau. Had an awesome year for solve rate, including a bank robbery, two armed robberies, two sexual assaults and then the run of the mill burglaries and other ****. The Prosecutor's Office just tried to steal me away for a year on loan to their Gang unit, but I have a bunch of stuff going on although it was something that interests me I wasn't really feeling it right now so I turned it down. Our Dept. is going to do this regularly from now on so I told them I'd consider it down the road. :)

im a student in my last year at before university. after this year i plan at least one year in my countries armed services before university where i hope to study either acting or history.

I'm an Engineer and run operations in a business for a large corporation. I have an office but usually work from home. (This makes the entire job worth while)

:cheers

Well, until July of last year I was a cop. Five years on the job and I no one bothered to tell me it was a grant position. Trying to get back into the Job as a reserve officer (at the very least) now. Today is one year since I started as a dispatcher for a private ambulance company. I dispatch 911 ems/fire for three counties as well as transfers in another state. It's less money but I have huge blocks of time with my family due to the 12 hour shifts.

I am an internal auditor for a corporation. I get to make my own schedule, travel the country, I usually try to meet the local 501st members, most recently in Anchorage, AK (beautiful place), I rack up enough air miles and hotel points that my trips to DC and SDCC are covered, and I am off from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day. But, I still wouldn't mind trading jobs with Saint_Nasty as the strip club dj. lol.
alaska082.jpg

alaska073.jpg

Pictures at the mostly frozen Cook Inlet in Alaska.

I'm a high rise construction / restoration superintendent ,
also a part time bounty hunter working Baltimore, D.C. and northern VA.( I'm like Dog the bounty hunter,except I'm not a midget and my tags aren't all cry baby ice heads)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back