LCD???

fettfan54

Jr Hunter
I know its crazy, but has anyone tried to put a camera on the outside of your helmet and an LCD screen on the inside? That way maybe you could see behind you or something. I know it seems like a stupid idea but its more realistic to what Jango or Boba would have used. At this point its just an idea and im pretty sure I wouldnt be able to do it. Good luck to anyone who wishes to try:cheers

I've looked into this and I was thinking of using the viewfinder of camcorders which are small enough to be installed in the RF topper and be hooked up to a pin hole camera. Just need to get familiar with the circuitry and power needs. Last time I looked online, the whole viewfinder assembly is needed to make the screen work. But I am thinking of buying used or partially functional old camcorders to tinker with.

Yep, I made a working in-helmet display that fit right over your eyes.

I ended up pulling it out of the helmet for now till I have time to perfect it more. Unfortunately, you just don't get a good enough field of vision with a camera the size you need inside your helmet. Also, the LCDs themselves have to be micro sized then magnified since your eyes can't focus even on a small screen that close. This means that you end up looking through a small box area instead of a real-world defined view.

The only way it will work if you can make a suspended heads up that projects against the visor itself. Any other attempt is pretty much not gonna work out the way you want it to...take it from me before you start spending money. =)

Soon as I get this perfected so I can use multiple cameras to simulate real vision, then it will be worth trying again. Otherwise you just end up hurting yourself falling over things or people.

If anyone can make it work, I can. Just gonna take me some time to get the kinks out.

Let me tell you to not tinker with these things that can damage your eyes. Trooping in a costume for hours on end puts alot of strain on ya, but having a tiny viewfinder that you eyes have to focus on can impair your vision.

Just a warning...

somebody needs to try and put an LCD in the RF and hook that up to a camera to give you rear-view or something like that. I tried it with a cell phone camera and display, but my electronic know-how wasn't up to par...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back