Is there a Aluminum parts Co?

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
Does any one know of a place where I can get things done right away? Is there a company where I could just give them measurements or files with drawings and they'll get to it right away?

Thanks in advance
Arturo

We have a Machine shop in San Diego and things have slowed down in the Aerospace industry, what were you looking to get made bro? all we do is 6061 T-6 aircraft aluminum parts.

I have the same problem. There are a few shops around that people have sent me to, assuming I could just ask them for something and get results, only to find they were too busy for piddly little jobs like the stuff I wanted. If I had walked in with a huge binder full of projects they would have bowed and scraped at my feet. I show them my drawings and they look at it like "you want what?", and then comes the sarcastic smirks and derisive comments. It usually ends up with "well, we can do it, but we got a bunch of other stuff to do... maybe in a few weeks or a month or something".

Does any one know of a place where I can get things done right away? Is there a company where I could just give them measurements or files with drawings and they'll get to it right away?

Thanks in advance
Arturo

Turo,
Machine shops are here for the same reason every other business is, to make money. If someone comes in and wants something On the now plan then they are going to pay for The now plan. I can't speak for everyone but for the most part, all of the pics you see posted from (at least from Serenity and I) are prototypes made buy hand on our lunch breaks using OUR OWN time. He and I pay for all the supplys we use just like an outside customer. We also run the CNC machines all day long and do huge production runs of parts. When some person comes in and asks use to halt everything to make a run of ten parts that have never been run through the shop before then bottom line, its going to be expensive. It needs to be drawn up in CAD, offsets pulled, figure out tooling, write a program, make fixturing, ....blah blah ect...
If you want a person to pop out some new gauntlets or armor, it takes time. Machining is no different. You don't just pop in a disk your receive from somebody and press a button and watch it go. Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way here, just letting you know that if you can't be patient, then it will cost you some money. It almost the same as "Telling an armor maker that YOU WANT YOUR ARMOR NOW.
This is a hobby and people have real resposibilities that come first. Sorry man.Just can't drop work to play all the time.

Sorry man
-Tim-

Thanks Tim.

I trully understand about our people here. I know that it's a hobby for the folks that provide parts here. I really appreciate all the time and effort that goes on here. For that I thank you guys very much.

That's why I was looking for a machinist company. Someone that will just take my meauremnts and go to town. I also udnerstand the money issue.

I just wanted to get my toes wet and see what's out there.

ohh by the way I need some of those rocket trusters caps. I sent Serenity a PM about it. hopefully you guys could do a run again.

Thanks again.
turo

Yikes, what's with all the drama Tim ? I think the job/hobby/money doesn't escape Turo having been in this hobby and making stuff for people for many years now.

Turo, call or PM me. If its a one off job, I may have someone for you...in fact a friend that you don't realize is a machinist in his day job.

Jose
There is only drama here if you guys see it that way. Turo was not the ONLY person that posted here. That statement was for everyone. We are all still friends :)
Chill out. This is one of the reasons I left this board. People can't say anything without getting jumped on. Kinda funny really.
-Tim-
Yikes, what's with all the drama Tim ? I think the job/hobby/money doesn't escape Turo having been in this hobby and making stuff for people for many years now.

Turo, call or PM me. If its a one off job, I may have someone for you...in fact a friend that you don't realize is a machinist in his day job.

Hey Tim,

No beef, bud. I didn't realize it was intended to all the folks . Secondly, to be honest I wasn't sure it was the Psberretta I did good business with all those years ago because your post count was like "4" and the guy I knew should have been well into the thousands - So I wasn't sure if that was someone else with a common name or something.

Good to see you back though, is this for good ?

Nope. Its me.
Same Timmy, same psberetta. psberetta = Pro Street Beretta.

I tried to log in a few weeks back and there was nothing. I checked all my old posts and they said N/A on the post count and that I was a guest. Oh well. I contacted Mirax, who patched me through to The Dent who told me to reregister with the same name and stuff and things and things and stuff.
NOTHING was ment buy that. Just a "WHY" sorta thing. Man, trust me. If I could find a way to make the whole rocket/jet pack out of alumium, I would. Just don't have the time.
I quoted Truo because he started the thread. Thats all. He is the perfectionalist we all want to be. Just letting him and everyone else know why this kinda thing happens at machine shops.

And to answer your question, yeah. Doing up a pure ROTJ this time.
I have the same name on the another board.

Now back on track.....dang lazy machinists anyway ;).

-Tim-

Oh yeah, Seeker.
Check with Serenity about those thruster caps. I think there might be a set ready to go out to you today or tomorrow.

If you remember your post count estimate, it can be written back in. My board and the TDH run off the same design program.

Well, I don't think someones post count really matters but then again, I don't want my friends to think that I'm not me.
It was right around 750 and my join date was March of 2005.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back