My new Indy Jones whip.

Gypsyboy

Active Hunter
I just got this in the mail. I know it isn't a dead-ringer for the real Indy whip, but considering it was a fraction of the cost of a real Morgan whip (I'm sure many of you know how much they can run ya!) I would say one would be hard pressed to get much closer. Once I apply the conditioner the colour will be better, and I'll probably trim the tassels back a bit.

HPIM1308.jpg

This purchase was not inspired by the new Indy movie. I've been wanting one ever since I first saw Raiders way back when. This was the first whip I have seen that looks great, is good quality, and was actually quite affordable. I am so looking forward to assembling my Indy display now. Gotta get to work and finish up my Headpiece to the Staff of Ra replica.

Nice whip, burc'ya! My mum's getting me a fedora, though I doubt she'd let me buy a whip (I'd probably hurt myself or break something)

Oh, and enjoy this video, tis funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I didn't know what to expect from that vid at first. That was dang funny!!!! The end was particularly so.

I know how dangerous whips can be. I had one years ago, and while I was first learning with it I almost took my own ear off!! Got a few other lashes here and there too. But, eventually I got pretty good at it. In fact, I could say to somebody "point to a leaf on that bush and stand back". Then the whip would go ka-PHAAAFF! and the leaf would disappear. Really, once you get the feel for how the thing moves it becomes like an extension of your own arm. Sounds really corny to say that, but that's the only way to describe it. Once a person get's comfortable with how to move the whip to get it to do what it's supposed to do the rest is all common sense safety - things like don't whip toward people (or pets), always make sure there is plenty of room all around you, and just don't horse around with the thing. Always remember that it is not a toy, and has the potential to not only cut a person, but a really nasty lashing can even break bones!!

Sorry if I sound all preachy here. I know that pretty much everyone here is gonna be responsible and smart with such a thing. But there are sometimes young new members who may not be familiar with the potential dangers of stuff and just think it looks cool and want to have one and start goin' nuts with the thing. It's always a good idea to talk about any safety issues with props and stuff.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back