ROTJ Cape Placement

Wolfie

Hunter
In some screen caps, it appears to be placed under the collar armor, but a lot of figures and costumers seem to attach it via the computer key block on top of the armor.

Concensus? Just curious also HOW you attach it. I was gonna put a screw in the block and attach it that way. Is that stable enough? Anyone do anything else?

mine has a small hole that goes over the bolt that holds the collar and back together, and the stud is the nut that tightens it all up.

from the hd screenshots, it looks like sometimes it is under the collar armor:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/tdh_ref/hd_rotj/images/RotJ_HD_048.png

and sometimes on top of:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/misc/tdh_ref/hd_rotj/images/RotJ_HD_081.png

the latter being how i tend to wear it... my collar and backplate fit together very precisely, and wedging the cape in between them messes that up.

I was just looking for this today. Does anyone have an idea of how I should afix the cape? Which side and over or under the colar.

Based on the MoM and AoSW photos, the cape attaches via the outer stud. However, looking at all of the costume variations, we see a number of different attachment styles, some of which are quite sloppy.

cape_attachment.jpg

I was just looking for this today. Does anyone have an idea of how I should afix the cape? Which side and over or under the colar.

Regardless of attachment method, the cape goes on the left side of the body.

My cape has a grommet in it (from its previous life as a military half shelter) that allows me to secure the cape via the shoulder stud. I have aluminum studs with 5/8" bolts and nuts. Works like a charm!

:cheers

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back