work in progress: WoF gauntlets

the silicone stretches a lot... so i'm thinking i MIGHT be able to make the mold such that the pour hole is the back of the rocket. make a 1 part mold of the thing. make a rigid jacket for it... 2 part plaster or plastipaste or something.

then if the rubber stretches enough, it *could* possibly peel straight off in one shot. its worth trying because a seamless rocket would be fantastic.

Let me know if you get the rockets made up. Thats the only thing I do not have right now .

This was a good build you did. Makes me wish I had some type of skill to do this.

Hi all,

I can pretty much guarantee that this question has been asked a few times already but as im fairly new to the forum (hi everyone :)) here goes...

Would anyone be able to tell me what colour to use for my ROTJ gauntlets? im in the uk so i think it will have to be Humbrol or tamiya paints, i have an airbrush so thats no problem.

Thanks

Hi all,

I can pretty much guarantee that this question has been asked a few times already but as im fairly new to the forum (hi everyone :)) here goes...

Would anyone be able to tell me what colour to use for my ROTJ gauntlets? im in the uk so i think it will have to be Humbrol or tamiya paints, i have an airbrush so thats no problem.

Thanks

In the U.S The main color is Rustoleum Claret Wine dirtyied up with a little black or a rust colored primer. These are spraypaints and might (might being the operative word here) be available in U.K.

Thanks for the help Fractal-fett

After extensive searches the rustoleum painters touch brand of paints (claret wine) seems to be limited to the US, either that or its a large delivery charge for UK!! If anyone knows of where to get it in the uk then please advise, other than that, the Humbrol colour would do too?

Cheers

bumping up from the dead...

knowing that i'm never going to get around to making these, i've passed the molds on to a friend of mine that will be casting up some and offering them up in the not too distant future.

Hey mate.

Awesome thread, great inspiration.
I know this is an old one, but I'm currently at the point, where I am beginning the molding process.
I was wondering, if you remember, which silicone and poly-urethane you used for the mold and the gauntlets?

Best regards,
Christopher

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back