work in progress: WoF gauntlets

Very nice! Yeah.. real life has slowed down many of my projects haha, I'll have to remember to go to your panel at CTCon, I'm very interested, those anime kids will certainly learn something I'm sure. I've been practicing myself(so far I made a pacman belt buckle out of sculpey and cast it in resin)

Are you going to try out some of that featherlite resin? That stuff looks pretty interesting. Floating Gauntlets?

i started sanding out the bondo last night. i usually put it on smoother, but i didn't want my mixed up pile to cure on me, so i slapped it in a bit hastily. as a result it's going to take a lot more sanding.

but i'm totally loving the look of it! more pics when the sanding is done - i'm embarrassed by how the bondo looks now!!

Please Brian, can you say me the size of the calculator panel? I need it because I have printed them on a A4 paper, so maybe it's different.

Thank you very much and please post progress!

:cheers

my gauntlets are packed away at the moment, but i can measure the keypad the next time i dig them out.

in the mean time, if you post a new thread about the measurements of it, someone else might get to you first.

Thats insane!!!! You guys on here are really talented!!!! I never tried molding or anything like that before, but wouldnt mind trying it.

Great work!!!! I'm in awe as usual!!:love

inspired by the thread bump, i just did the last round of sanding/filler on the right upper half.

i should have to do 1 more round of sanding filler, then a few repetitions of primer/sand/primer/sand until it all looks smooth enough.

then there's the lower. building that shouldn't be hard, since there's not much detail there, and i learned what i was doing on the left side.

Hey, I just found that if I see a bit down (in the WoF Gauntlets Templ. thread) I can download them for an A4.

But thank you very much for your help :cheers

... pics, pics, pics, pics, ... :p

i should get some pics up tomorrow... i'm almost done sanding the upper, and getting it all primed and smooth.

i'll be picking up more silicone this week.

ah, the thread is back from the dead!!!

i took most of july and august off from prop building. i was busily looking for a new job, getting a new job, starting the new job, etc...

but now that i've been here for a bit and am feeling somewhat settled, i've picked up on some long lost projects.

normal_gauntlets.jpg

i have another round of filler / sanding / priming, but i'm hoping to be ready for silicone this weekend!

Those really look awesome man. Glad this thread is back.

I have a question for you. are the right gauntlets completely round on both ends, or are they more deformed like if you took both halves, put them together, and squashed them down a bit.

Those really look awesome man. Glad this thread is back.

I have a question for you. are the right gauntlets completely round on both ends, or are they more deformed like if you took both halves, put them together, and squashed them down a bit.

The templates end up making them a bit deformed, which looks good by eye at least. I think completely round would fit strangely.

As far as how long they took... I have no idea at this point, since I went a month without even touching them (or anything else!)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back