Regluing bubbles on action figure cards?

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Hi gang,
Not really prop related, but I was wondering if any of you have any tips on regluing a bubble to an action figure cardback.

I recently moved, and while unpacking some of my good carded SW figs, which are in Star Cases, I noticed the bubble on my "theater edition" ROTJ Luke has completely separated from the card. :facepalm I guess the glue must have just dried out.

I got this figure first-hand at the premiere of the Special Edition, and I'd like to try to glue the bubble back onto the card without messing it up too bad. Any advice on what type of glue I can use?
Thanks for any info!

EDIT: Wow, this is my 2,500th post! :)

The blister attachment on Theater Luke was pretty weak and a lot of them have this problem. An easy fix that looks nice for your own enjoyment of a carded fig is to use double sided tape. It's clear and will hold together for a long time without ruing the integrity of the card like some glues can.

Thanks, D99. I went ahead and got some Loctite contact cement and used that this morning.
It's clear, and came out looking pretty good. There are some white areas on the card where the drying 'original' glue had contracted, but it looks good for my display now. :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back