My First Armor!!

Hey!!! I just started working on my fist set of armor! I'm making it out of steel!! needless to say its tough and will take a little while, especially since i have no experiance. I've got the belly plate so far and almost done with my first chest piece. Its gonna be a custom, but here's the scheme i think i'm gonna use, color scheme that is.

T'jark1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright only the main chest pieces are done so far. I've got a lot more to do still, but i'm happy with the results i've gotten so far. Painting is gonna be the hard part :cry

yeah, you guessed it!! 8) :lol: I'm gonna get the really big ones for leg armor. hows it look though? I think it'll look good for my custom and it seems to fit my chest well.

Thats probably a good thing lol. Just finished a shoulder, when i finish the other i'll post another pic. Oh, and how do you make the pics smaller cause those first ones are huge.

Alright, Here is finished shoulder bells and chest diamond, which is not a diamond after all...And no, it's obviously not the same color scheme. Guess i better edit that too.

011.JPG

Dude, nice armor, and I still cannot get over that you reused ammo cans -- way to recycle ftw -- but srsly, shrink your pics! :D

You and Jax are really inspiring me to finally take the plunge and begin work on my custom mando with metal armor... if only I had money to do that with...

I'll try lol, but the big pics give you a nice close up. Yeah Jax is awsome at this sort of thing, I really like the way he did his. If you want to use metal it's really not that hard and as for price, if you do what i did and get ahold of some ammo cans... I have spent no money so far hahahah. Just make sure you use a dremel as little as possible. The splinters are terrible. Yay big picture!!!

t'jark armor.jpg

You're kidding me, right? Army ammo cans? Dang, I can't beleive I've never thought of that. Toughest stuff you'll ever find.

I really like where this is going. If this is your first experience, then you've got a gift for it.

Thanks! Wow... That feels better than i thought it would. I love props form my fellow mando'ade! Yeah ammo cans are working great, the only thing i suggest, would be to add some sort of backing to make it thicker. It's 1/16 of an inch so, yeah. But i don't think you can tell.

Dude! Are you really in Korea? I'm also debating wether or not to make gauntlets. Mabey i should just use fore arm wraps. Guess I'll have to see. I'll ask again when i can actually put the armor on.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back