Casting Questions!!

Kwally89

Hunter
I'm a newbie to the whole molding and casting scene so I have a couple questions. I have my first scratchbuilt Boba costume about 60% done(complete with homemade mannequin!) but I've hit a snag. I frequently search bobamakers website and have checked out all of his projects pages. The gauntlet one is very interesting. If you look at the first couple steps and steps 91-92 you see that clay is used to outline the shape and a mold is made. He then produces hollow resin copies...Is there any way to do this without using fiberglass cloth!?!?! I also am interested in the miracle product he calls epoxy filler. I'm familiar with epoxy and certain fillers, but I have never heard of a product called "epoxy filler" except in boating repair. I would really like to get some of that stuff if anyone can give me a brand!

Thanks,

Kwally89

the stuff you've heard of for boating may well be the same thing that he uses.

as far as resin and fiberglass... you could use a brush on resin or one designed for rotocasting. if you're in the us, check out smoothon.com's smoothcast roto and shell shock liquid plastics. i've used smoothcast roto many times. i just picked up a sample of shell shock to play with.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back