How do these cape colors look?

Murphoid

Active Hunter
Hey folks, I'm needing some opinions from the experts. (y) This past week, I took some brown and white canvas scraps that I had left over from previous projects and changed the colors to what seemed to match the ESB cape. I bleached the brown to a burnt orange color, then dyed both the brown (now orange) and white with tan Rit dye.

DSC00822.jpg

Here's a picture of the canvas next to my recently received FP v.2 chest plates, thanks to Rouge Studios. :cheers
DSC00821.jpg

Really, I'd just like to know if I've got the colors down, and if I don't, what should be changed. (y)

I think your colors are pretty close bro. I wanna say that the main color of the cape should be a bit darker brownish grey, but its almost impossible to say for shure. The real cape changes colors in almost every pic, as i'm shure the color of your own cape looks a bit different in pics as well. (I've struggled with this problem for years) The real test is to see how it compares/contrasts once you have the rest of the suit completed. I would call it good for now, and when you get your suit done, then see how you like it.
D

Looks to be you are on the right track, the orange shade is a bit bright but with some weathering it can be toned down a bit. I'd have to agree with Jangos kid on the main color.
Its really more if you are happy with it. I always remind people its also a personal preference.

Yes it is difficult to tell because the white balance setting is off on your camera (orange cast). Check that it's on auto or set for indoor shots.
I'm guessing that the brown is not quite as orange in daylight as it looks in the photo.

Just thought I'd consult you guys before I go a-sewing. This is a greenish-grey canvas that is a stocked material at Wal-Mart. It almost looks too green to me, but I was pouring over ESB screencaps and noticed that it actually matched fairly well. Any input?

DSC00845.jpg

Dougie: Thanks for letting me know. I think I fixed the white-balance, but I'm kind of camera-illiterate so I can't say for sure. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back