Shaddyness Too Often

and wickedbeard, i totally respect what you do...you have got it down, and your rep preceeds you brother....that is why you are successfull....you talk to your buyers, let them know what is going on...by the way, do you do armor? ;)

yes, ivan, even the wait doesnt bother me, as long as i don't have to INITIATE the progress check, 2 weeks after the due date...

Fettdad, I couldn't agree more. I'm in the middle of a situation right now where over $450 was sent on April 10th and I can't get a response to PMs (with read receipt) or email for a product that was being sold complete. All it takes is to ship it. It really bums me out but I'm approaching the paypal deadline and will have to take action shortly. I've done everything I can to express understanding and patience, but my options at this point are few.

Edit: My situation worked itself out. I received a reply and should be getting a tracking number shortly. I was very worried for a while, but this one looks to turn out ok for me. Communication is still the key, which I believe is the point of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been quite lucky so far and all the people I've sold to, and had some delays in shipping, have been quite understanding about it. I don't do the "sympathy excuses" but I do try explain that I'm a work-at-home dad of a three yr old, who lives outside the city, and has no vehicle. This isn't meant to make people feel sorry for me, just to convey exactly why it may be difficult for me to get out to do shipping very quickly. I realize that this is often going to create shipping problems for me. It means I end up taking cabs a lot, which is costly, so I tend to wait until I have a batch of things to go at once.

I'm one of the biggest culprits :(

I am desperately trying to get my lids to Mojo Fett and Flo Fett and keep missing my own deadlines. At least these are freebies though and no money has changed hands)

But yes i will try harder ;)

WB is the man! his communications skills and quality is what keeps me coming back for more of his goodies. he is up front and to the point. no false promises and he's a man of his word.

I'm one of the biggest culprits :(

I am desperately trying to get my lids to Mojo Fett and Flo Fett and keep missing my own deadlines. At least these are freebies though and no money has changed hands)

But yes i will try harder ;)
And as grateful recipiants we will wait as long as it takes. I just wish I had something you'd want in return. *curses her lack of costuming skillz*

I've been quite lucky so far and all the people I've sold to, and had some delays in shipping, have been quite understanding about it. I don't do the "sympathy excuses" but I do try explain that I'm a work-at-home dad of a three yr old, who lives outside the city, and has no vehicle. This isn't meant to make people feel sorry for me, just to convey exactly why it may be difficult for me to get out to do shipping very quickly. I realize that this is often going to create shipping problems for me. It means I end up taking cabs a lot, which is costly, so I tend to wait until I have a batch of things to go at once.

I have found a WONDERFUL resource for shipping. Perhaps it may help you! The USPS will send you via mail, any packing material you need for free. You can order boxes, labels, tape, forms, even the little envelopes for documents for international shipment. You can pay online, they charge less if you do, and you can print out the postage from your own home printer. Then at the end they give you an option to request pick-up so you can have your regular mail carrier pick-it up for you the next day. They even have links on their site to places you can buy a scale. Or you can just use the "flat rate boxes", One rate, no mater what weight, in a certain box or envelope. It is very convenient!

Last edited by a moderator:
And as grateful recipiants we will wait as long as it takes. I just wish I had something you'd want in return. *curses her lack of costuming skillz*

Flo, the pleasure is all mine. I am just spreading a bit of good karma (and hoping for a good review :lol:)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back