Questions

IrishFett

Active Hunter
Hey everyone. Well, now is probably a good of a time as ever to start on my jet pack. But I had a few questions first. Does anyone know off hand who sells the cheapest jet pack here? I am not trying to be cheap but I have an idea of what I want to do with it and getting an expensive JP seems to not make sense. I am wanting to do the battler damaged JP from ROTJ. That means a HUGE gash right in the center. So I dont want to go and destory an expensive beautiful JP. Or, to make my life simple, does anyone sell a molded damaged JP kit? I was thinking about a scratchbuild JP but I have never built anything like that before and can't seem to print out the templates correctly (printer is old and funny). Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated! :jet pack
Cheers!

You're gonna spend 250+ pretty much, unless you build yourself. The templates are good, Chad was gonna build mine with them. see if you can go to kinkos and print them out. If you dont wanna destroy a 300.00 pack.

Check ebay though and if you're gonna destroy it anyway, get one of the recasts there. They still end up going for a bunch. But there are occasionally broken ones on there you could use for it

It looks like Ebay it is. I was wondering, before I got head first into this project, how does the 501st view the gashed JP? I know it isn't your traditional ROTJ Boba JP, but it is in the movie. I know the 501st set some strict laws for the jawas where you have to be a certain color even though the colors are different from episode to episode. I was just wondering if a gashed JP would be considered up to 501st standards? ANd THANKS again for your help, I would like to get quality but if I do damage it, I would fel pretty bad about it...still up in the air.

My suggestion is to make your own. My first JP was hommade ESB and it made it into the 501st. The templates help a lot. BUT it was a LOT of work.I was working on 3 packs at the same time. I sold all 3 since them and bought a MOW and it is so well worth it. I actually enjoyed taking my time and doing the detail paint job for my Jango. It's not really hard work just a lot of time and sweat and it teaches you all the nuances of the different jet packs. I am working on one right now for my son but the templates ( at their current size are not much help for a 6 year old). Jet Packs teach patience

I would avoid ebay and look at bulding your own also.... Theres so many sketchy sellers out there its hard to gauge what your really getting.

Yeah when I started thise before TDH, I bought some armor and it did need a lot of work. More headaches than what it is work. Still trying to fix the back plate... But since then I really like to avoid Ebay for costuming. I'll have to go to kinkos to print of WOF templates. My printer for some reason I can't get them to print the correct size. Thanks for all the help! Do you all think that the gashed JP is 501st accepted? I know they have a set idea of Boba but would the gash do against it? Thanks and Cheers!

Hey another question I had and have been meaning to ask. What color is the majority of the JP? I see everyone with a Blue color for the majority of the ROTJ JP but when I looked at the AoSW and the gashed JP in the Lucas archives (which I think was used on set), It looks like a blue green color but more towards the green? Yet when I look at the sail barge scene it looks blue. Any ideas?

Damage Jet.jpg

ROTJ7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back