Props to the local 501st

Prudii Solu

New Hunter
Although I'm not affiliated with the Dune Sea Garrison, I want to express my appreciation for them. These guys were standing in the hot weather of AZ for the good of society; taking pictures with children and others at the local Costco for 5 dollars. All of the proceeds went to charity.

Props, Tucson 501st!

Sad, though, I didn't see Boba Fett...

Here's some shots, I didn't get to go inside because I forgot my Costco card and the door guy would NOT let me go in. Also, please forgive the quality of photos, they were from my phone.

This was just a little guy, I had to squat down for the picture and I'm only 5' 5". His mom said the 501st approval was tough. :eek:
meandjawavk5.jpg

This guy completely scratch made his Sandtrooper. :love
sandtroopersh6.jpg

Clones! Almost as good as a mandalorian! :rolleyes
clonetroopergr0.jpg

There's the guy that was not letting me go in!!! :angry (and Darth and a stormtrooper)
tkab7.jpg

Finally, everyone loves a Tusken Raider! :love
tuskenraiderjk7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, awesome pics, and I am also wowed about the Arizona heat. I declined an event today because it is too dang hot.

It is a wonderful thing to have this much fun and make money for charities!

(y)

Wow, awesome pics, and I am also wowed about the Arizona heat. I declined an event today because it is too dang hot.

It is a wonderful thing to have this much fun and make money for charities!

(y)
YOU SISSY!!! :lol:
It was only in the high 90's at that event8)
You woulda been fine.We only walked 3 miles

That's soooo cool! I can't wait to complete my ESB Fett and hopefully join the 501st. I'd love to make little kids happy and troop. Nothing more enjoyable than being my favorite character and making people happy. :D

El1te

Great photos (y)
I love the Jawa :) I wonder how old the "little guy" is. ithought there was a age limit to join.That is presuming that is a minor dressed as a Jawa :facepalm or as in "little guy" do you mean "little person/adult" :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those guys in the Jundland Wastes Squad are crazy... heat doesn't bother them! :lol:

They were raising money for the Children's Miracle Network - the money was going toward the Tucson Medical Center Children's Hospital. A great cause! (y) There's more about it on the Dune Sea Garrison Website.

Oh good you did make it out! Jango was Jimmy BufFETT and I was wearing the Imperial Crew tech. We were all wandering around too so we may have missed you. I am sorry I did not see you man would have loved to meet ya in person! Well theres always an armor party!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back