check out my iron man helmet!

Amazing job on that helm! :eek:

I really need to go see this movie and find out for myself what all the hype is about. I know next to nothing about this character. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my Iron man helmet inventory. I did a run over the weekend a made 5 new castings. They all turned out beautiful with no flaws and perfect thickness. I didn't have to do any clean up on the inside cause I did 5 thin coats right after each other. These are available in raw castings $250, finished with paint, lenses,pads, and light strip for eyes $500. The flip up face plate version which is really cool, $350 raw casting, $600 done. pm me if your interested. Thanks.
Russell

DSC01193resize 500.jpg

the pic was taken before i put pads in. The hinges are just touching my temples. What I've learned is I have a small sized head. Didn't really know this cause I'm a big guy; 6'1" 215. My head is 6"1/4" wide, and if it were any wider it wouldnt fit.
Please note that info if anyone is considering getting one. Thanks.

Well it fits me of course and my head is 6 1/4" wide and 22" in circumference. The helmet is 27 3/4" in circumference at the brow above the ears on outside. It's generally 1/4" thick. The opening for your head is 6 1/2" wide by 8 1/4" This is probably I tight fit for most people when you add pads and lenses. I was considering making the detachable faceplate one with a jaw that unhinges so people with normal size heads can strech out the jaw to get there head in the helmet. Or I could make the jaw held inplace by powerful magnets to be removed completely. Anyone interested in this modification pm me and i'll try it one one of my prototypes. Thanks.
How big around are they? Like head size wise.

Wow you managed to do what we have tried to solve.. This is truly amazingly cool. I really love this! I might missed it but what did you cast it from.? I really like it!

I am in fact very much intrested in one of these opening helmets to my own personal armor.

I cast it from smooth cast-roto urethane plastic. This material is easily sandable and paintable. It also can be machined. It is impact resistant. I now cast it in 5 layers right after each other for a consistant thinckness of about 1/4". Good stuff, we use it at work all the time to cast parts that need to last for years. PM me if you want to but the flip up or any other version. You made sum iron man stuff? Love to see it.
Wow you managed to do what we have tried to solve.. This is truly amazingly cool. I really love this! I might missed it but what did you cast it from.? I really like it!

I am in fact very much intrested in one of these opening helmets to my own personal armor.

I tried to put Brian's on last night and couldn't even get it past my temples. HAHAHAHA

It's a beautiful piece but there's no way I could ever wear one.

Yep, one size fits SMALL. When I designed it for myself I wasn't thinking of offering it. Now I wish I had made it bigger to make it so more people could wear it. Thanks for the compliment though. It is a nice piece to have for your collection even if you can't squeeze your head into it. And really, how often are you going to wear it unless you got the whole suit?:)
I tried to put Brian's on last night and couldn't even get it past my temples. HAHAHAHA

It's a beautiful piece but there's no way I could ever wear one.

Here is my Iron man helmet inventory. I did a run over the weekend a made 5 new castings. They all turned out beautiful with no flaws and perfect thickness. I didn't have to do any clean up on the inside cause I did 5 thin coats right after each other. These are available in raw castings $250, finished with paint, lenses,pads, and light strip for eyes $500. The flip up face plate version which is really cool, $350 raw casting, $600 done. pm me if your interested. Thanks.
Russell

/Sigh...and I already spent my tax rebate...

You think if I shot you a pm I could pick your brain a little bit about the smooth cast-roto? I havent used it, and ordered it. Just would like to get a couple things straight in my head before I start pooring it into things.

Thanks
SR

I cast it from smooth cast-roto urethane plastic. This material is easily sandable and paintable. It also can be machined. It is impact resistant. I now cast it in 5 layers right after each other for a consistant thinckness of about 1/4". Good stuff, we use it at work all the time to cast parts that need to last for years. PM me if you want to but the flip up or any other version. You made sum iron man stuff? Love to see it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back