RF Servo w/ RS Zip Zap RC Circuitry

TD2253

Active Hunter
I finally received my Hitec HS-77BB low profile analog servo for my RF. I gutted out the servo's own controller and hooked it up straight to the power supply (4.8 volts) with a 4 AAA battery box with a switch. I documented almost every step so when I get it all finished, I will post a tutorial for it. For now, I have this video clip of the servo in action.

th_MOV00082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
once you post that tutorial this will be a thread that should be stickied. i'd love to see how you did it because up to now just thinking about it has confused me.

No worries Saint_Nasty! I was confused too, until I have all the components in my hands and a little bit of technical knowhow with some trial and error, I finally got it to work. I would say I am probably 90 - 95% complete with the wireless RF servo. I am waiting for my extender shaft that will connect the actual RF stalk to the servo. Then there's installing the receiver in my helmet, installing switches for the transmitter and then installing the transmitter unit in my left gaunt.

A highly detailed guide for this written for those of us who know NOTHING about electronics would be extremely helpful. I've tried following some in the past and never had any success.

I plan on making the tutorial as detailed as possible with pics to show each step in the process. I was actually snapping pics every time I had to screw/unscrew harware, cut wires, and spline wires together etc. So hopefully, I can have the tutorial posted in a week or so Bob. I just wanted quality assurance to pass before I post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE!!! Yeah, a tutorial would be greatly appreciated!!! How much $ do you figure you have stuck into it at this point???? Great work!!
D

Thanks for the comments SlaveR5 and Damian! To answer your question Damian, so far I estimated roughly close to $70 dollars altogether. I had to buy another $10 dollar Zip Zap since I fried my first receiver unit by making a mistake of hooking up a 9 volt battery to a board that can only take 4.8 volts max, duh! So, after that, I bought another zip zap yesterday and hooked it all up and shot the video.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back