Now I've made some progress

Synn

Jr Hunter
Hey All!

I've been lurking for a while, until I had something post worthy and today I've made some major progress on my first custom Mando armour

So here's the pics!

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

progress3.jpg

progress4.jpg

progress5.jpg

progress6.jpg

Ready from priming and spraying :D Just need to sort out the gauntlets and leg armour

What do you think?

I'm in the UK, and found it from a Sign Wholesale company online. It was an 8'x4' sheet and cost me £46 inc delivery for me (so about $92). The website is http://signwholesale.co.uk/ I don't think they'd do international delivery. I thought Sintra was really easy to get hold of in the USA?

More progress!!! I'm rocketing along lol

Here's some snaps of the primed versions - amazing how much different it appears with a base coat

primed2.jpg

primed4.jpg

primed5.jpg

primed6.jpg

Here's some snaps of the main armour's inside. It's having a black undercoat incase any of it becomes visible when I'm moving about, so it blends in with the flight suit

with flash
black1.jpg

without flash
black2.jpg

without flash
black3.jpg

with flash
black4.jpg

What do you think? I know there are some runs on the belly plate, but I'm not too worried about these as they will be hidden against the flight suit (just got to make sure it doesn't run on the outside)

More progress this weekend I hope if the British weather stays dry (and if I have hours to spend masking the edges off lol)

I've not posted in a while here, but I've been updating on Mando Mercs, so here's an update for my thread here :)

Weather has been excellent here today so I got on with some spraying, and to say this is the first time I've ever done anything like this I'm ecstatic with the result so far. I can see some marks underneath the paint (due to some issues with the sintra itself), but apart from that I think it's come out really well.

It's not complete yet (I ran out of black paint), but as my design and colours are now unveiled, I couldn't wait to get some pics online Hope you all like :)

Silver base coat for natural weathering/chips

silver1.jpg

silver2.jpg

silver3.jpg

Final Red Coat
red1.jpg

red2.jpg

This is how it looked after I sanded it down due to some issues with the spraying

scratched1.jpg

scratched2.jpg

Some of my templates

template1.jpg

Almost complete

almost1.jpg

almost2.jpg

almost3.jpg

Looking great Synn...
Looks like you got some good curves with that 6mm foamex?
I agree with LSFU, that black on the red has a very nice contrast! 8)

Odd, I'm not getting email notification when someone replies to threads I've started or I'm subscribed to?

Anyway, yep managed to get some really good curves. The vambraces I'm working on came out really well by putting them in boiling water just for a few seconds, it became really pliable and curved really well.

I'll post more pics as soon as I've got a bit more progress done :)

NEW UPDATE!!

Managed to get my chest armour completely finished - all markings sprayed on.

I've still got to sort out the markings for my shoulder bells, bend and spray my cod piece, make my collar armour and spray up my knee and shin armour.

Also, my BM helmet and flak jacket arrived today!!!!

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

finished6.jpg

bm1.jpg

bm2.jpg

flak1.jpg

More progress :)

Nearly finished my helmet, and I've finished one of my gauntlet/glove combo's :)

What do you think?

(skipping the WIP photo's, unless anyone actually wants to see them)

bm18.jpg

gauntlets3.jpg

gauntlets5.jpg

gauntlets4.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back