weathering softparts

I became a little curious.. if you are "faking" documents, to make them look old you can use coffe / tea solutions and then dry the paper. Would this also work on fabric? Hmm.. anyone tried?

I actually take each piece individually(flight suit, spats, vest, etc....) and litterally rub them into the hub caps of the wheels of my jeep. REAL DIRT!!! It looks good in my opinion, and there's always more when you need it.

You can also use water colour, like the children use for painting, just rub it in to your liking and then seal it with hairspray, and I believe you can seal just about anything with hairspray. Works great on plastic, fabric - you name it:)

Rattlecans
I used "Mohawk" brand
They are more stain than paint
and here's a pic

final weather.JPG

I use about all the above, including the brake dust off the rims:lol:, as well as matte fabric paint and a bit of water. Works well and won't wash out, more importantly.

for my first (and very terrible) boba costume i made it in october so there were still some leaf piles around. so i rolled around in a wet nasty pile of leafy filth and got some good weathering all around.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back