Help please stormtrooper armor

nyoron

New Hunter
I know this place is for Boba and what not, but i tried to make an account on whitearmor and for some reason its telling me that it doesnt and when i try the same email, it tells me that its already registered. =/

So today I got the AP armor, (YAY), and some pieces are scuffed from shipping. So where can i buy stuff to make it shiny and delicious? And, what can i use to cut it out?

PS-I live in San Jose California, east side. Like near evergreen high school and james lick.

Please recommend something a now poor college can afford:lol:

IMG_0403.jpg

wonderful armor! you will be very happy with it in the end. Personally i love the scuffs. the stormtroopers in the movie were far from perfect and shiny, however if that is what you are going for there is a polish you can buy. I forgot the name of it, but im pretty sure if you looked on ebay and did a search for stormtrooper armor you would find it. It comes in a lot of FX kits.

As for cutting there is nothing better than a good ol' dremel. I would cut it down so it was managable to work with using the circular saw, then put on the sanding attachment and carefully work to the edges. The you can clean up the corners with some sandpaper and you should be on your way. I too am a poor college student, but you can get a really nice dremel at home depot for $30 if not cheaper.

p.s. it might also make your life a lot easier to outline the edges of each piece with a pencil first ;)

I am curious I have a friend that is looking for some AP armor. Other than ebay can someone point me in the right direction to acquire some AP.

What can he expect to pay.

Thanks!

haha, okay. Im just a tad OCD. Like I polish my steel airsoft AK, even though AK's are suppose to be dirty and such

As far as cutting the pieces out, I would suggest using a very sharp hobby knife and scoring around the pieces, they should then break away from the surrounding material with a nice clean edge (y)

White T-Cut is another alternative to polish, not sure if that is what it's called your side of the pond. It's basically for repairing scratches and bringing up paintwork on cars.

But yes I would agree, scratches and scuffs add character to your armour unless you are going for the "straight off the production line" look.

Novus Plastic Polish... great stuff! I used white T-cut initially when after I first trimmed it all out and then found Novus.
PM sent.

ok, im using an xacto knife and a dremel to cut.

but to smooth out the edges and what not, what kind of sand paper should i use?

I think I remember reading something about 400 grit, or I just might be out of my mind.

Thanks again.

ok, im using an xacto knife and a dremel to cut.

but to smooth out the edges and what not, what kind of sand paper should i use?

I think I remember reading something about 400 grit, or I just might be out of my mind.

Thanks again.

Depending on how accurately you want to go, I don't think I would go too crazy with hand sanding. You should be able to get it reasonably smooth with a dremel and a drum sanding wheel. Use a fiber-reinforced cutting disc for the rough trim and then the drum sanding wheel for the final smoothing.

Here is a link to where you can get the Novus plastic polish kit. This particular kit only comes with 1 & 2, there is a 3rd but I think they will suffice for your needs right now.

for getting a smooth edge you don't really have to go much beyond 300 grit. maybe go over them twice, once with 220 (i use a small electric hand sander, black and decker mouse sander or something like that. $20-30 at walmart, you can get all sorts of different grit paper refills for it since mine only came with 80 and 150) then again with 320 just to make sure. i go 400 and higher with the large areas of my armor, well... i sand three times. wetsand 320, then 400, then primer, then 800, touch up the primer if i got a little too happy with the 800, then start painting for real reals.

Let me check and see if I have that plastic polish that I never opened. I have a TD so I really dont need it. If you want you can have it.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back