New guy here this the right forum for intros?

Hasid

Jr Hunter
How goes it folks, I have been reading and looking and after a couple days I have decided to to the planning stages of a custom mando bounty hunter.
I have been reading on here and mando mercs for a few days and it didn't take much for me to be convinced to make a custom mando.
The one person that inspired me the most was Jax's white armor and generally the style he brought to the custom scene, his armor and getup to me was the most unique and screamed I just walked off the set.
I am much into props but am still waiting for my acceptance to TRPF but not to worried about it. My first prop is a saber from Thecustomsabershop.com and currently reworking the 3rd stage of my saber. I own a plecter labs crystal focus saber core version 2.5, which is the holy grail of luxeon led driver/soundboards for the saber prop community.
Plecterlabs.com Dudes name is Erv and is french and is cool as hell. Erv also is designing a control module called Blaster core and as soon as I could I went out and bought me a Nerf longshot dart gun that iam gonna turn into a custom blaster.
I checked out the Nerf forums Nerf haven and nerfhq and found alot of cool mods to make them shoot darts farther and whatnot. But Iam more into the prop aspect of what this toy gun can become. I plan on integrating the front gun into where the bipod originally sits then hit it with krylon fusion camo black and green paints in a tiger stripe pattern. But need to wait on that when I decide what color pattern iam going with for the costume.
Iam still in the planning stages of my Jedi costume and have been for over a year or so now, so I imagine iam gonna be planning my mando costume for a couple years and figuring out exactly what I want to do.
I put an immense amount of planning into something before I just head in, except for the Nerf gun but I wanted one of them for a while anyway just never had an plan for it, but when I seen the videos of the blaster core I just had to have one.
If you want to check out ervs youtube videos here's the link to his channel.
Now remember he is french so your gonna have to listen carefully as his accent is very french but his english is good, some things he has trouble taking a french phrase and making it the english version but hes pretty good.
This guy is an electronic genius and knows alot about electronics and devices.
When I originally got the nerf toy I was going thru many ideas I had in my head for a while, one in particular was doom guy from well the original doom games but images and resources are very limited and would require alot of one off parts. But finding TDH site and eventually finding this site the decision was made. Many moons ago I was a huge boba fan but boba wasn't me as I wasn't a fan of the jet pack but everything else about him I was sold on, I got several action figures of him and his slave 1 from the shadows of the empire line of action figs, and my action fig collection is huge if you want to check it out here's the link to my photobucket.
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Collection Stuff/
All of it resides in the wooden chest I made in high school, My vehicles are setting on the chest, its 4' long 2' wide and 2' deep. cost me approximately $300 to make.
I have been a starwars fan ever since I can remember, I was in awestruck when I first saw Luke in ROTJ chipping the stabilizer off the speeder bike in the forest chase.
And every time it was on TV I was glued and my parents had to let me watch it, if they attempted to change the channel I threw a fit, Yeah I was a deamon spawn when I was a kid, Iam 24 years old now and will be 25 4 months so I feel old with all the **** I've gone thru in my life. But my love for star wars is stronger than most peoples, Iam not one of them mega nerds that knows everything and has everything. Iam a true fan and collector but don't try to go out and get everything there is, to me that's just kinda lame and when you start mega collection you lose touch with why you started in the first place.

Iam not that great of an drawer so I do alot of planning in my head and wordpads on the pc, and saving pics of peoples costumes then making notes in the wordpad are a lifesaver to my planning stages. I even plan to the last detail like where lrg to med details and and the small ones are done when putting things togeather to assemble.
Thats about all I guess, largest introduction ive ever made and I hope I dident bore you. I hope to learn alot from you guys and hope to be part of the mando family someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks folks. The Crystal focus basicly lets you control anything with the led, say you want the blade to flicker or pulse it can do that. You can even set the speed of the flicker or the depth of the pulse.

You can control how much current is sent to the led, But being abel to customize the leds actions are nothing compared to the rest of the boards abbilitys, you can create your own sounds, My Version only has 4 sound banks and I have what is called ISaber which can hold like 16 mp3 tracks. Yes it can play music, newer versions the blade acts as a light bar that gets brighter as the song gets more intence. like a light attached to the amp of a car system to pulse when the bass hits.

But newer versions now have 6 sound banks it really is the best soundboard out there and for 180$ you get your monies worth.

wow, i hadn't heard of the plecter labs board before. that sounds really awesome.

welcome!

Thanks folks. The Crystal focus basicly lets you control anything with the led, say you want the blade to flicker or pulse it can do that. You can even set the speed of the flicker or the depth of the pulse.

You can control how much current is sent to the led, But being abel to customize the leds actions are nothing compared to the rest of the boards abbilitys, you can create your own sounds, My Version only has 4 sound banks and I have what is called ISaber which can hold like 16 mp3 tracks. Yes it can play music, newer versions the blade acts as a light bar that gets brighter as the song gets more intence. like a light attached to the amp of a car system to pulse when the bass hits.

But newer versions now have 6 sound banks it really is the best soundboard out there and for 180$ you get your monies worth.

Thats the Go... Plecterlabs is sweet gear, especially CF4.. just try get your hands on one however lol :p they go like hotcakes :D

Welcome to the Dented Helmet btw :D

Thanks you agains for the welcoms peoples, deffinatly lots of good info. Unlike some other forums where you have to go thru a hundred loops just to find the info is tapted to someones back.

I had to do the purchase of my brothers v4's and I got them but fark they sold out in 4 MIN!

71 CFV4's sold out in 4 min..........Origionally he ws selling 50 at a time for this run but he is holding the other 21 so they can get a cf when he starts to release them in the middle end of may.

So theres only gonna be like 20 something for sale in the next run. so if your expecting to get another CF soon good farking luck!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back