How weathered a jango vest?

MAULFETT

Active Hunter
Hi, guys I need i advice, I'm doing a jango vest, made of blue gray leather what do you recomend or what do you use to weathered it?

Hmm...well I don't see how you cant weather it like any other armor piece. Misting charcoal color or black color paint. Other wise take some acrylic charcoal paint, and put it on by hand. That's what I have done for my armor and some clothing things.

You can take light sandpaper after it as well. Rub off the finish and generally rough it up along the seams and in various high movement areas :)

This is my jango vest, i did it, i'm not very good sewer but i did the best i could, is made of real blue grey leather, I did the weathered with light black and the brown for the borders.
What do you think?

P5150946.JPG

P5150947.JPG

P5150943.JPG

P5150944.JPG

P5070926.JPG

Thanks , jango 5204:lol:, "Muy bueno"
Seeker your vest it look great i saw that thread few weeks ago i using thoses photos for references ;).
at the same the time the jango reference's cd too, It's very hard to try to find the right color, for many reason the flash of the camera the shadow ect... i wish i have the original jango costume side by side. But that is a dream.
Gracias for the input guys, next week i will put the new armor on the vest to see how it looks.

Looking great and the construction looks really good! For some very realistic weathering, even more realistic than that Seeker guy;), tie a rope to your vest and drag it behind your car.:lol:

Let me know if you want me to pick up some of the Tandy snaps for you.

Looking good bro!(y)

Thanks Cruzer, the kit of special t you sent to me work super steroid strong:D, the snaps that i using is from walmart, and work great, i didn't know there were diference size of snap until i read your post :confused, but is ok for now.
I have to use some resin (bondo) to cover or hide the side of the snap behind the armor, it is looking good, soon i'll post some picture.
Take care, and muchas thanks you!!!!!!!!

P.S. I can't wait to use the new costume for the CLONE WARS PREMIER here in Puerto Rico, and the new Boba fett costume too that i'm making for my friend.(y)

Well i finished my vest, here is with the armor.
Helmet (fiberglass) BKBT, the chest and diamond made of sintra by BKBT, shoulder, abs and back made of sintra by me. Paint and weathering also by me.
Any sugestion please do so.

P6061096.JPG

P6061093.JPG

P6061098.JPG

Very soon i will have the flightsuit with the new fabric. If you remenber few weeks ago i found a fabric that change the color in the camera depending of the light, that fabric is too heavy, and has a little shine, and for the weather in Puerto Rico that fabric it is not very good for me, well i found another fabric medium weight with the same color not shine 65% polyester and 35% cotton and very fresh too.
as soon i have the suit done i'll post the photo.

When i compare the fotos, i found that my chest armor need to be more large at the bottom of the corner, so i fixed, i hope you like it.

fixin armor.JPG

P6111141.JPG

P6111143.JPG

P6111144.JPG

you will see in the next photos what in talking about when i put the vest on, the mannequin is too skinny.
But thanks for the observation.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back