Help Quick

atm it looks kinda beat up when you're up close, but from like 3 ft away it looks pretty decent. I wil add a beat up look, and you really won't be able t tell the difference. I am in no way a great painter, and can't afford the work of someone who is, so I have to settle for pretty good for me. With the scratches/weathering/color of the rest of the armor, it shouldn't look too bad. I'll post photos as I progress. And yes it is a clone helmet from Episode 3 to be exact.

if you are not a great painter, then patience is your friend. it'll help you get a better result then if you'd rush things. i'm sure we all would love to see your finished product.;):)

ok here's what I have so far, like I said you can tell, but even from this far away it's not screaming obvious especially if you don't do this stuff yourself and know what to look for. With some weathering and the color for the unit designation, it will be even less noticeable from even a little ways away.

P5050002.gif

Wetsand it. It will even out the coat.
yep. thats pretty much all ya gotta do:p
i really cant sugest letting this stay. ive been experimenting with spray-paints for a few days(usually a fine arts kinda guy8)), and noticed that "wet" sanding is one of the better ways to rid of this problem. i think its a mix of everything exept a problem with the primer. mostly grease, air bubbles, and of course too much paint, too quickly. just take your time with it, and dont stress over it!
good luck!:cheersYOU CAN DO IT MANDOSOLDIER! PAINT THAT FRIKIN HELMET!(y):lol:

If you sand in the area for a long time, it will. Just wetsand it to even out the coat, then paint it again, then wetsand it again. This process can go over and over again.

ok here's an updated photo. I bought the sponges and they worked pretty well. There's still a few little folds ( look like cracks) here and there, but nothing like it was.

P5100001.gif

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back