Modifying a DP 95 into custom mando'ade

DeadasaJodo

Hunter
I've had an old DP 95 lying around the house for about the last 11 years and I've finally decided to go ahead and convert it into a custom mando bucket. I'm planning to reinforce the interior with fibreglass to prevent the vinal from warping/deforming out of shape and give the helmet ridgidity. So my question is do I still need to install the craft ring I bought? My thinking is that the FG would make the CR pretty redundant, yes/no?:confused

Actually once you get the craft ring in, you would not need the fiberglass.Save yourself the hassle.the ring, along with a good visor will keep it in shape on it's own.Just goop it in really good.

Actually once you get the craft ring in, you would not need the fiberglass.Save yourself the hassle.the ring, along with a good visor will keep it in shape on it's own.Just goop it in really good.
Goop? Is that a brand name or are you just trying to dazzle me with your technical jargon?:lol:

Vor'e ner vod thats what I figured, unfortunately/fortunately *we dont have Walmart in Ireland or UK but I'll keep a look out for the Goop
* One of those "sertain point of view" things.

I know it's sold in Home Hardware in Canada... doesn't do you much good there though. It's basically a really quick set epoxy, I'm sure theres something like it there.

Would plumbers epoxy putty work as well, the kind thats a binary agent you have to kneed together in your palm to mix/activate it? Cause I've already got some of that?

Su'cuy ner vode!
Ok so progress (of a sort) I've found some awesome looking aftermarket motorcycle visors, one in silver mirror and the other in irridecent blue. Just waiting for the seller to mail me back with the visor dimensions. If their big enough I might get both, one for my undersized DP and the other for the MS buy'ce I've ordered from Bobbamaker. I think it will make a nice change over the standard black and green visors used on most buckets, although I'm not claiming to have invented the concept.
Anyone else who has gone this route I would be keen on seeing how your buckets turned out (since the gallery is currently down).
Vor entye!
Baz.

I usually use JB weld on something that I don't want to pop out. Also, I would like to request that if you use the Mandalorian language, that you have the English translation with it.

try greenstuff. my friend Darkfang used the stuff to hold his visor in and I used high temp hot glue to hold in the visor in my 95 don post. its what I'm wearing in my pics.

I use Epoxy Putty for all my visors, and they don't come out...ever! Stuff turns into a rock after maybe 30 mins. Just rough up the areas where you want the putty to stick.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back