HELP! Paintbrush trouble!

Boba Swede

Active Hunter
As the title says.. I'm having major trouble with my paintbrush..

at first it worked fine but then it started to blow air into the paintcontainer!! So no paint was coming out.. only air.

So i switched to pure water and just sprayed hoping that if there was a clog then this would clear it out.. but it didn't help.

So.. anyguess to what the problem could be and how do i prevent it from happening again?!

I wish I could help but air brushes counfound me. I bought one about 10 years ago and have never had the nerve to take it out of its packageing. Personally I always use rattle/spray cans and for the most part they work just fine.

I had the same problem awhile back when i got my first air brush. So, I went to PEARL paint, and picked up something called "auto-air colors" Its like a airbrush restorer. I let it sit in a jar for about 12 hrs and the next it worked fine..Hope this helps...

airbubbles in the color cup usually means you have a clog or debree built up on the needle. or it can mean the aircap etc need to be tightened. first tighten the aircap, see if that helps. if not disassemble the front end ( aircap, tip etc.) and remove the needle. let those parts soak for a couple few hrs in parts cleaner or window cleaner w/ amonia. inspect the barrel and make sure theres no build-up in there either and use pipe cleaners (soft) to clean the barrel. once you cleaned all that stuff re-assemble and run some window cleaner or water through it to test it out. this should solve the problem.

do not soak the entire airbrush. you have gaskets in the airvalve assembly that cannot get wet and can damage if you do.

hope this works for ya

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back