Goodbye, Arizona!

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Well, today is my last full day in Arizona. Tomorrow I have my "final outprocessing" appointment at Davis-Monthan AFB, and then it's off to Virginia for a month before I have to fly over to Korea.

Although my wife won't miss it at all :lol: I'll have some good "prop geek" memories from my time being stationed in Tucson. It's where my Fett-ness first came out and got me obsessed with all the details of the helmet and suit. Thanks in large part to TDH of course! (y) (y)

I got to meet several of you at a couple of different events, most notably the JB Event in Dallas a few weeks ago. If I hadn't been stationed in AZ I don't think I would've been able to go to that, and I would have regretted it terribly! I also got to meet several other TDHers at the Phoenix Cactus Con this past January, as well as several members of the 501st's Dune Sea Garrison. :)

So to everyone I got to meet in person, it was fun! :cheers

I'll still be checking the board, just from somewhere else. After the first week of June, I'll be checking in from far, far away. . . :p But hopefully I'll have time in Korea to work on prop stuff. I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't do hobby stuff for a year! :eek: I shipped 300 pounds of personal effects to Korea already, including my [mostly] complete Boba suit, so I'm really hoping to get to wear it for Halloween! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Have fun, everybody! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay safe Eric... and you know I'll be in touch...

And was truely great to meet you a few weeks ago...(y)...you're a very talented Guy, and I'm sure we'll see much more of your work soon.

I will send you the other "Goodies" as I get them ;)

Cheers..:cheers

Alex

Good luck bro. You're really talented, and I know for sure you'll be doing a lot there. Like everyone said....post pics when you get the chance. (y):)

Thanks for all the good wishes. :)
I did have them pack some of my favorite geek stuff to have over there with me. In addition to my Boba costume, I'll have my Master Replicas Han Elite blaster, a fan-made Obi Wan ANH saber, my MR Thermal Detonator (too cool not to take with me :lol:), my R. Coyle Blade Runner blaster, and several different figures and books. I'll have a mini version of my Star Wars shrine over there! ;)

I'm back on the east coast! Got to Virginia last night about 6PM after a 3 day trip of 2350 miles. Sheesh. . . what a hike that was!
I went thru that big swath of bad storms in Arkansas and Tennessee on Friday. Didn't see any tornadoes, but kept hearing about them on the radio all day! It was pretty freaky hearing them say the name of a town where a tornado had touched down and then look at my map to see it was only 10 or 15 miles from where I was. :eek:

So tomorrow we'll go pick up the keys to our new townhouse, and then on Thursday the 8th our stuff gets delivered. So lots of really fun unpacking later this week! :lol: :wacko

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I'll be able to travel around for conventions while I'm over there. I kind of doubt it. . .

DarkeSword, I'm in Newport News. Guess I should change my "location" in my profile. :)

Superjedi. Where in Korea will you be based?? Seoul? Pusan? or somewhere inbetween?

Also Webchief. Korean outpost of the 501st !! You're joking right? :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back