Icedevil's NO sew harness

Icedevil

Well-Known Hunter
ok, so I'm mostly done with the harness... I ended up cutting the pack part, off of an old backpack, leaving me just the back and attaching some keyclips in a V in the top middle, then I added some D rings on nylon webbing to the jet pack through some slots, and in addition I also added some zip ties to those slots too since I seem to have overestimated how long the webbing should be. Anyways, tomorrow I need to go to home depot to get some 1/4" washers, and some grommets so I can attach a lower belt to the pack to stabilize it and keep it straight on my back, and eventually add a us divers buckle to. Hard to believe I managed this with absolutely NO sewing :) :lol:
It'll be good enough for a upcoming troop this weekend, I plan to eventually make a better one after I figure out how to fix my Mom's old sewing machine or just buy a new one(and have more free time)

here's a few pics to give you an idea, and yes, I will need people to put this on me because I tried to do it myself and nearly choked myself to death

IMG_0415.gif

IMG_0416.gif

IMG_0417.gif

IMG_0418.gif

tried the harness on today after a couple of tweeks, I think I need to tweak it some more because somehow the clips get stuck on the backplate and then part of the weight gets supported by the backplate instead of all of it on the harness and I get choked out when the backplate pulls on the collar

1209749753.gif

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back