ESB vrs RotJ helmet

andy fett

New Hunter
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the helmet building thing, but have gotten some great ideas from all you on the forums. I just wanted to post a quick question and get some feedback as to how people felt about it. What are the differences between the ESB and RotJ helmet? Being the helmet noob that I am I can't really tell the difference. I was also wondering which paint job looks better and is easier to do? Please post your thoughts, experiences, and other explanations. Pictures would be cool too. Hope to start my helmet soon!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

AF

Ok Im just kidding :lol:

The paint colors are diffrent, you can find most of the info on RS color thread in the "Helmet" section. RF is diffrentas well. Easer to paint, I think it's a toss up. I like the ESB helmet myself, but ROTJ armor and JP.

Get the ref CD. All the pic's youll ever need.

Back-in-time.jpg

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the helmet building thing, but have gotten some great ideas from all you on the forums. I just wanted to post a quick question and get some feedback as to how people felt about it. What are the differences between the ESB and RotJ helmet? Being the helmet noob that I am I can't really tell the difference. I was also wondering which paint job looks better and is easier to do? Please post your thoughts, experiences, and other explanations. Pictures would be cool too. Hope to start my helmet soon!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

AF
:angry You stole my handle!!

Naw, I'm just kidding. I've been Andy Fett on myspace for like 4 years now.

Now about the helmet. ROTJ and ESB are about the same, except that the ESB is wider in shape as some people believe. The ESB helmet also has a wavy brow.

Paint-wise, the helmets are 100% different.

What do you guys recommend for an ROTJ helmet? I looked at the helmet family tree chart posted around here (not quite sure where though) and the Hero Helmet for ESB looks only a tad bit wider (if any) than the ROTJ. So who do you recommend that makes a great ROTJ helmet? I was thinking mystery helmet but (correct me if I am wrong) isn't that desired by some for the ESB version helmet? I personally think that there is little or no difference in size but I know there are people out there that has done more study than I, so any help or opinions would be great! Cheers!!

What do you guys recommend for an ROTJ helmet?

You should go with a Mistery Helmet (or others with the same base like MarrowSun). These helmets come from a RotJ helmet. But seeing the new PP3 pics, it looks pretty close to the PP3 (the MH) with the dent, and the shape (this is only my opinion).

:cheers

i thought that the current vibe was that the esb "flare" was just a trick of camera angles? that's my thought on it at least :)

the mystery helmets look great as rotjs in my eyes.

the flare is a lie, and the mystery helmets all have some lineage to pre pro 2

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back