New Version of vBulletin - ALL PLEASE READ!

nah, dont really care for the myspace aspect. It creates all kinds of problems, just get's to kinky and weird and it will spawn cliques and divisions within the board. I banned the use of that site in my office, and I will summarily fire anybody who use's it on company computers. I killed my account there and my life has been completely civil and hassle free without it. But, I am looking foward to some new bells and whistle's so bring them on!

I would have to agree.... that part of the new features seems too much to keep up with......... "can we turn the friends feature off?" :confused.....cause I love everyone the same.:lol:

but all the other stuff seems really cool..(y)

A few of the forums I'm on have the "Friend" feature and I've never had a problem with it at all. But then I don't typically use it, I'm not into the whole Myspace/Facebook thing. I tried Facebook and my account lasted about a week. Too many wankers from back in highschool were bugging me to "re-live old times" through it. No thank you! LOL

I'm all for some new changes though (even though I'm fairly new here and am happy with the way it is).

Agreed, I would never use the friends feature - don't see the use. Very little upside to it and a lot of potential downside.

the only benefit i can think of that you could get out of a friends list is being able to message someone with out looking them up. pls don't add a bulletin like myspace mine just gets full of spam from people i end up having to delete from my friends list so i don't keep getting junk from them... sadly they are people i know and i have told them not to forward stuff to me.

At this point it appears the friends/contacts feature isn't an easy on/off element. However, we have disabled the "social groups" feature as it only seems that such a feature only encourages people to segregate themselves and that is not a social avenue TDH is prepared to embrace.

D

Sir, are you implying there is something WRONG with liking My Little Ponies? Oh I don't think you want me to bring my pony loving friends here... you wouldn't want that... No indeed. Besides... we all know you and Bob both are closet My Little Pony lovers so you are fooling no one...

Before reading this thread, I had never pondered the existence of a plural form of the term "My Little Pony", nor did I think I'd also have the Wikipedia page open in another window for verification, so thanks for that. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon further research on Hasbro's site, the word "ponies" is not used as part of the "My Little Pony" brand, but is used in generic references to the... uh... ponies.

We may need to create a new forum to discuss this further.

Personally, everyone who I have had the pleasure of dealing with in here, and have given me much needed and appreciated help and advice would be on my friends list. :D

Its the least i can do...

well ill get to it once i have some free time... working soo hard atm :D

But i love the changes... no more having to wait for the whole page to load to wait for the latest posts scroll down feature to appear :D one click and im there :D

Art Andrews, President and Founder of the My Little Pony Fan Club

art.jpg

Where the heck are the admins from this forum when you need them? Oh... there they are... on the floor... laughing...

wow... i bet he never thought those photos would surface!

you know, i didn't even think of this when i made the pony comment, but one of the girls in the upcoming boston photo shoot is working on a my little pony costume.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back