Weird PM-Anyone else get one?

I got a PM this morning from someone screen named James. Underneath his name was the word "banned" and his profile shows he joined this month. The PM was fairly short and had nothing to do with Boba Fett or costuming of any type........his chosen topic was Buddhism. Has anyone else gotten a similar PM recently? I'm not necessarily bothered by it but if the guy is already banned, he shouldn't be able to send PM's. Who should I contact to address this? Any help or guidance would be hot. Thanks in advance.

Got one of those awhile back. As far as I understand, it's a spammer attempting to skirt the CoC rules. He sends a messages saying "hi" or asking how your day is. He thinks putting the message he wants to spread in his sig doesn't count. Obviously our Admin staff is already on top of things. ;)

Yeah, I got one this morning too. He just asked how I was doing, then added a quote by Einstein saying something about Buddhism.
I just disregarded it and deleted it as I saw he was banned.
I thought about contacting a mod or admin, but didn't bother as they already took care of it by banning him.
Thought I was the only one, but guess not. Whatever.

I was the one who banned the user. If you get anymore like that, please PM myself or one of the other Admins.

This happened to me once a while back, but I don't recall what site it was on. I ban people all the time on STT (just finished another batch a minute ago actually), but I don't know how they would send a message if they were banned. Unless, of course, they were active at the time the PM was sent and then banned shortly after that. The trick is to find them before they are activated so you don't get stuff like that. The worst one for me was when we had the short-lived rebel sister site to STT. It was slow getting started, and little had been done in the way of precautionary measures and such. I logged on one day and saw a new post. I clicked it and the thing was full of extremely X-rated pictures. My three-year-old was playing right behind me at the time. Needless to say, I was less than amused.

I got one too!! when reading it, I asked myself.. self? WWBD? (WHAT WOULD BUDDA DO?) I then came to the conclusion to delete it! :)

"something something something..........dark side!" something something something.......complete!" now that is some good writing!!

If I did that I would have blasted them and then took their wallet!! lol

"something something something..........dark side!" something something something.......complete!" now that is some good writing!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back