what was the 1st thing you would change about episode 1?

I would start the movie at exactly the same point but, instead of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have Obi-Wan and Anakin therefor cutting the need for the Pod race, Midichlorians and the Immaculate conception.
Don't get me wrong, I love Qui-Gon and I'm sure his character could have been used elsewhere but it was supposed to be the story of how Anakin turned to the Dark Side not his whole life story.

I actually like the Prequels. New heroes, new villans, new planets, new battles. I think the big disappointment was from the first generation of fans (I guess I'm a second generation fan) People were expecting it to be the original Star Wars all over again, but it wasn't, it's a different, darker era.
I'd say the only thing I really didn't like from the PT was a lot of the aliens. I like the look of the Gungans, but some of the other CG sentients just looked ridiculously stupid. (though a lot of alien were pretty stupid looking in the Originals)
Hmm, I think Lucas could have made it a bit more obvious that long periods of time are passing in the 2 hours of each movie. That seems to have lead to much confusion.

I'm of the opinion that GL should have got someone else to direct the preq's, its no coincidence that fans of the original trilogy pick ESB as their favourite movie!

And no it's not just because the galaxys coolest bounty hunter is in it! "That was a pre-emptive Shush." I know you were thinking it (cause I was too).

I think the way Drth Maul dies is pretty lame.... :wacko
It's supouse that Maul bein a great-skilled trick make that jump just to be cutted un a half....

I'll choose for a fight were Qi Gon and Obi Wan together hurt Maul and he (keeping the fight) do the same to Qi Gon.....

But i'll have to say that Lucas had his reasons..... :wacko

New villains for each movie = more action figures.

Hah, never thought of that, but you are right on the money. Get it? Money? They make more... Ok nvm al;sdjkf

But really, the way Maul died in the end was great, that was the only time Maul blinked in the entire movie, but they should have left out the blood spray when he got sliced.

I'd have to say the script. I have seen all of those actors in other movies and they did a great job. The script was poorly written and I would love to have seen the wit, humor and intelligence that was in the original trilogy.

Tim Rose (Ackbar) said in an interview the OT had problems with the animatronic hears for characters du to the cables that went into controlling the facial features. He suggested that the PT should have used the same types of animatronic (updated of course) and use the new CGI for erasing the cables and achieving the wider angles. If only.............

Actually scratch that the one and only thing I would change........RICK MCCALLUM!!!

He is the reason far all things wrong with the prequels

Change 1 and MOST important: Erase or better yet Kill Jar Jar and Boss Nass. The rest of the gungans I have no problem with. Actually the Gungans rule for a very simple fact... They exile the stupid people from their realm, an example I wish would be followed in some cases in the real world.

Change 2: I'd have Maul being trained and deadly actually beat Obi wan who was only barely trained. End it with Obi Wan fleeing and managing to escape, that would have enabled EP II to have a MUCH better sith enemy than Count Dookie who wasn't as much evil as he was a grumpy old man.

Change 3: Take out the whole midichlorian nonsense. It's a mysterious force, everything doesn't have to be freaking explained. The Episode 5 explanation given by Yoda was more than enough.

Change 4. Make pod race shorter, do we REALLY need to see every single lap around the 50 mile course? Watching NASCAR is boring enough. Seeing it with a kid yelling woo hoo and wheee doesn't make it better.

Change 5: I would have found a child who was a bit more closer to Padme's age in order to make the whole "Are you an angel" thing a bit less creepy, I mean it's like Weird Al said " Even though he's just 9 and she's 14"

Episode 1 was too heavy on the comedic relief. You had Jar Jar, 3PO, and a rambling droid army.....couldve cut back a little bit......but dont get me wrong, overall, I'd take the worst movie of the star wars saga over ANY other non-canon film any day!!!!

I wish that they would have included more info from the Darth Plagueis novel. That book actually makes ep.1 watchable, and it also provides info on why everyone wants to take over naboo and the whole sifo Dias thing. I highly recommend the book, its really good and really fills in all the blanks from ep.1 and 2.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back