my first mando. its a start.....

well I finally have a few progress pics with the metal. So far Ive cut out the back armor shoulders and neck . I also folded over the edges for safty:lol: I havent shaped them yet. I figures id get all the pieces cut then shape them later. so hears what i have so far.

100_2901.jpg
100_2955.jpg
100_2951.jpg
100_2952.jpg

can i suggest a barrel on the front tip of the gun (pvc) ,pipe to make it look more real,and alot of weatheringm. just mp opinion, other then that u made the gun look great. ive seen it in person a couple of times. good job.8)

thanx for the idea. i will look into that and see what length looks good.

I did a little bit more today. Got the chest pieces cut and the edges banged in.

100_2962.jpg

Wow. I guess its been a wile for progress. well good news. When I last posted my progress i just cut out the armor in metal. Well I've since bent them up and painted them. Still needs work in the weathering department. But here they are. Let me know what ya think.

100_3491.jpg

100_3488.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have some more pics for ya. This is the cod piece. Its from the trash can set I started before I went to metal. I put fiberglass over it. Worked out pretty good.
100_3582.jpg

100_3617.jpg

100_3619.jpg

100_3620.jpg

I also had a bit of fun after I got some BB's :D
This is the back plate.
100_3621.jpg
Chest and shoulder bell
100_3622.jpg
Chest and Belly
100_3623.jpg

Hey what gauge was the metal you used? I think the stuff I got (for free) is to thick...at leas with out real tools. I guess it true, beggars can't be choosers :)

Hey what gauge was the metal you used? I think the stuff I got (for free) is to thick...at leas with out real tools. I guess it true, beggars can't be choosers :)

I'm not a 100% on this but i think it was 16 gauge I think still have all the scrap. the label was on it with the size. Ill check it out and get back to ya. It was defanetly the right price. OF course now i gata go out and get some more so i can do my shin and thighs.

BB's! That is awesome! I don't think I ever would have thought of that. Nice!
Ya I thought it would not only dent it but chip off the paint. It was a blast. Cant do that with plastic!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back