New and EXCITING PLACES!! NOT....

Gilmortar

Well-Known Hunter
Well folks, some of you know I'm over seas right now in Iraq...and I am stuck doing a REALLY crappy job, one I wasn't trained to do in my military career. So trying to make the best of it, I come and surf TDH each night, and figured you guys would like to see some of the bits and pieces of Iraq that make it what it is....

This is just every day right before work...waiting outside in the 110*F heat...on a truck, to drive me 1/2 a mile to work...BLAH...
RightBeforeWork.jpg

Then finally...a day off...AHHH...rest...
Dayoff.jpg

Finally a range day, where I actually get to fire my weapon...atleast ONCE in a foriegn country...

AllSmiles.jpg

Finally getting to fire...
Rockintherange.jpg

Me in mid-reload...
reload.jpg

sometimes...it can get A LITTLE dusty...
DustyDay.jpg

(This picture was taken at 1 O'Clock in the afternoon...)

Things that go BOOM...
P1090384.jpg

and its true...we OWN THE NIGHT...
Gilmorenoshave2.jpg

well just a few pics, I hope you guys enjoy them!

Hey man, awsome pics! :eek: Keep safe, can't wait to see ya at All-Con. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only imagine all of the place you're picking sand from...shudder...:p

Thanks for the pictures! My wife and I pray for the soldiers with our kids, and pictures like these help, so that we can put real names and faces to our prayers. It makes it more personal for the kids.

Yeah...they have us watching detainees. AKA MP-Prison Guards.

And you are most definitely right Brian...I am very thankful for that....

still have our fair share of action, just not in the means of "Blackhawk Down" as I thought it would for my Infantry training...

And thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers, they are much appreciated by all of us over here.

Sick pictures scotty......Keep your head low son but shoot 1st and ask questions later if the you know what hits the fan!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back