Just when you thought it was safe...another ESB paint up!

TF is my HERO!!!:eek:....Dang bro....

Does that mean i have to wear my 'Y' fronts over my trousers?:confused
Just applied the black to the upper cheeks, i'll leave for 24 hrs and then mask for the green on the dome and lower cheeks.
Spideyfett gave me a good tip some time ago, i will buff the final painted surface with 0000 wire wool, this takes the texture away in some areas and seems to polish the suface deepening tones, giving it a slight sheen also...

DSCF0009_21.jpg

DSCF0007_38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just masked the silver and grey on the dome/lower cheeks. The whole helmet has been gently buffed with 0000 wire wool, gives the colours a nice sheen and reduces the raised edges between layers, also it exposes some real damage on certain edges. The red on the mandibles has really changed hew since i applied it, possibly the contrasting green and the buffing? The damage on the L/H lower mandible was done last after some of the green i use on the back was mixed with dark grey and applied...

DSCF0018_13.jpg

DSCF0012_18.jpg

I want that helmet :eek: You have made an incredible work on that bucket TF. If You don't like the helmet, you can send it to me (for 0$, I'm poor :cry).

Only one word: PERFECT

(y)

I want that helmet :eek: You have made an incredible work on that bucket TF. If You don't like the helmet, you can send it to me (for 0$, I'm poor :cry).

Naw, you're doing it wrong...you have to say something like this...

"That helmet looks horrible, throw it out right now...in my garbage can here...gently place it in there, I will throw it out for ya." ;)

Anywho, that helmet looks awesome. A very fine piece of art you have there

Thanks for the comments...I'd probably give this helmet about an 85% so far, looks like i need to start another and refine the technique more... basically the idea behind the paint up was just for me to nail the process, only problem is you learn something new every one you do, oh well...:lol:

Thanks for the comments...I'd probably give this helmet about an 85% so far, looks like i need to start another and refine the technique more... basically the idea behind the paint up was just for me to nail the process, only problem is you learn something new every one you do, oh well...:lol:

that's how i feel about most projects i do... everything is always practice for the next one!

but seriously, if that's practice... i can't wait to see when you're happy!

Naw, you're doing it wrong...you have to say something like this...

"That helmet looks horrible, throw it out right now...in my garbage can here...gently place it in there, I will throw it out for ya." ;)

You're correct, so... "I hate that bucket TF :angry, so send it to me and I will burn it for you!"

:lol:

Nice work TF ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back