Just when you thought it was safe...another ESB paint up!

Its only special in that i've included another layer, the light grey, first.
Previously i've added this colour topically...So i should, if it goes to plan, be able to add all colour by airbrush alone...

These pics show the light grey, silver and dark grey details liquid masked, sprayed purple, then removed.
Some areas of masking remain on to be removed after later layers. I'm going to revisit the heavily detailed areas for additional layering...

DSCF0013_15.jpg

DSCF0012_17.jpg

DSCF0020_16.jpg

I don't wanna highjack this thread but I received my cold-cast TF helmet today painted in ESB colors and I have to say TF's work is amazing!!! Simply put, it is the most stunning piece of art work I now own....

Cheers Garrett!! :cheers

Brian, if you're unable to see the clear latex, just mix in some acrylic paint. It won't take much, but will tint it enough to be seen easily.

Hey Garrett. I think there is something wrong with the lid you sold me, If you want you can just send me your lid as a replacement ;)

Only kidding, the helmet I have is the best Fett item i own and the one you are painting is outstanding. Well done mate, you are an inspiration to us all (y)

Ha! I'm not falling for that old chestnut! (what's your address Jon?):lol:
Just been applying the red to the mandibles and trim...and had a PINK scare! I put a couple of extra layers on and i think that did the trick...just have to wait 24 hours before i peel off the mask...:facepalm

O.K. Here's one of those rare instances where impatience is a virtue: removing the liquid mask after 1-2 hours is a lot easier than waiting 24 hrs! Gently rubbing over the surface with your finger actually smooths the painted surface as well as removing any liquid mask. My favorite detail so far is the first light grey colour which is just visible in the pics and blends into the silver perfectly but at the right angle stands out...

DSCF0028_7.jpg

DSCF0032_6.jpg

DSCF0035_6.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back