JANGO DOME?

BGHunter

Active Hunter
Ive been wanting to make a jango helmet but i can find acurate refrences on the dome , is the dome the same as boba's ? odviously with out the dent

The dome for Jangos helmet is pretty much the same as Bobas, save for the obvious ommission of the dent. I've also noted that Jangos dome seems to sit just a hair lower than Bobas, but I could be wrong.

To save yourself some time and extra work ,and to get a symetrical dome, use a bicycle or batting helmet that's a good fit for your head.(y)

Based on the comparison pics you posted, it almost looks as if they cut off the dome right above the brow, trimmed off about 1/4"-1/2", and then reattached it.

But the similarities between the two helmets is very close. It's just that Jangos dome, although the same basic shape ( front to back it's the same, but from side to side Jangos is more rounded ), is lower/shorter than Bobas.

I actually have a screen-cast Jango in my possession, as well as the MR helmet, and while they do look very similar in many areas, the MR helmet is slightly bigger.

yeah the helmet comparison photos are with my screen cast Jango and Banzai88's casting of an original Boba. In person they are similar but the Boba is definitely bigger...especially taller.

I've had a dp fiberglass deluxe in my hands before, and I could swear the screen-cast Jango was a cleaned up/modified recast. There were about 2 or 3 similarities that made me think that way. One being the off-center key holes from the ears, a second being the warp in the back, and a third being the differing lengths of the mandibles.

Thanx guys that pretty much answers every question i have,
Cruzer thanx for the idea on the bating helmet but ive made three other helmets with unacurate domes and it does not have the same effect and i want to make casts an theirs no point if its not 100%.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back