Moving day is here *sigh*

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Well,
It's finally here. My first step on the road to Korea. I posted a few months back that the Air Force was sending me to Korea for a year, and tomorrow is the day the movers come and pack up all our stuff.
I've been prepping for the past couple of weeks, packing up some of our things extra carefully, and tomorrow I get to watch as some guys box up the rest of our apartment.
Moving is just about the most fun thing on the planet! :facepalm My brain is going 18 different directions at once right now. I moved into a hotel earlier today, my wife (and our dog) flew out of Tucson a few days ago, I already have a smaller shipment of stuff on the way to Korea, and the next 2 days will finish the pack and move.
Can someone shoot me with a tranquilizer gun? :lol:
My last day of work will be this coming Friday, and then I'll have about 6 days to finish cleaning the apartment and do all my outprocessing appointments. Then on May 1st I hit the road for a lovely 3-day drive to Virginia. *Whew!* I think my head's gonna 'splode.
But at least the hotel has free high-speed internet! :D So I'll be able to check all my prop stuff.

I think you're going to like Korea. My wife and I visited there and loved it. How much of your hobby possessions are going over there? Are you storing a lot of stuff here?

Can someone shoot me with a tranquilizer gun? :lol:

Locked and loaded, buddy. I got the elephant tranquilizers, just in case. Just say when. ;)

Good luck with the move! At least you'll be able to experience another country. And actually experience it, instead of just seeing it for a week. Have a fun and safe trip!

Korea is a blast. I should know as I've lived here for the past 5 years, although I'm not in the forces. When you're here don't just stay on base get out and see the real place and people (not just Itaewon if based in Seoul). It's familiar and yet strangly bizzare all at the same time.
As for the packing I know what you mean. But then you have all the unpacking too and to me that's worse as you tot up all the stuff that's missing or broken :(

Eric,
Best of Luck to you, your wife and your dog!! Please stay stafe and enjoy your trip. Thank you for serving your counrtry, it is GREATLY apprecaited.

Hei superjedi, no problem, if you want that I guard your props let me know. ;)

Good luck & thanks for all your help (y)

:cheers

Hi Eric,

Travel safe and keep us updated! No matter how far you travel around the world, TDH will always be here, I guess.;)

Take care bro and hope to hear from you soon!

Peter

BobaFettAvatar-animated01.gif

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Thanks all! I'll still have internet over there, so I'll be able to keep up with all the cool stuff happening on TDH! :cheers

Jim, I'll definately check with you if there are any Con exclusives I can't live without this year!

I have already sent my "unaccompanied baggage" over there. I included a whole mess of my hobby supplies, so I will hopefully be able to work on some projects while I'm there, schedule permitting.
And Kaane, thanks for the offer. . . but my wife will be guarding my props in Virginia while I'm overseas. ;)

The packing crew is done now. They were at my place from 8:30 AM till 8:00 PM!! Sheesh. We wound up with over 180 boxes alone. . . that's not including any of the furniture at all!! Geez, where did we accumulate so much stuff?!?! :p :eek:
Anyway, I need to back there again Tuesday morning at 8:00 AM for the moving crew.

MandoMan, I'm ready for that trank dart now! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back