Look what im getting!

BobaFettSlave1

Active Hunter
Hey guys. well im just sealing the final parts of a deal with a gunshop to buy this puppy. cost me a pretty penny and a gun from my collection but it will be worth it when it arrives. its a real working Fedederal Laboratories Webley&Scott . so whatcha think.

PLEASE SEE MY LAST POST

pix344185562.jpg

pix344185593.jpg

pix344185640.jpg

pix344185671.jpg

pix344185750.jpg

pix344185781.jpg

pix344185828.jpg

pix344185875.jpg

pix344185921.jpg

pix344185953.jpg

pix344186000.jpg

pix344186031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, beautiful piece. could you post some pics of the area where the sling attaches? i need a good reference shot for my resin copy.
thanks

Sweet Jeebus!
Tell me you're making copies of that??
Or can I buy half of it off you and we can make some sort of time share? ; )

well theres 2 things im doing with it. i AM going to make copies and i am gunna do alittle research and see if i can restore/decrome it and make my display piece. now on the tems of copies theres 2 things im going to try and do. either make resin copies OR based on interest & price i may walk down to the machinest shop and have them make afew metal copies. non functional ofcoarse for legal reasons

I wouldn't have paid $600 for a chromed gun that no longer has the webley markings on it. Not worth the dchroming and it would suck painting it.

I wouldn't have paid $600 for a chromed gun that no longer has the webley markings on it. Not worth the dchroming and it would suck painting it.

the point of dechroming is so i wont have to put up with painting it if i did make it into a ee3 ide do what the film makers did & do my damndest to not harm it. ya the markings on the barrel were a downer but concidering i got this for only $600 the loss of the markings is a small price to pay. tough it doesnt really matter cause you never even see the markings on the gun the way its held

Last edited by a moderator:
the point of dechroming is so i wont have to put up with painting it if i did make it into a ee3 ide do what the film makers did & do my damndest to not harm it. ya the markings on the barrel were a downer but concidering i got this for only $600 the loss of the markings is a small price to pay. tough it doesnt really matter cause you never even see the markings on the gun the way its held

true, but still incorrect. and if you are planning on getting rid of the chrome you should have waited a bit longer. the seller was looking to get more than $800 for it but didn't and he kept dropping the price every 2 weeks and still nobody bought it. could have saved a bit more and put it towards removing the chrome. but as long as your happy, that's all that matters. on a sidenote, if you really get rid of the chrome, i still expect the metal to be on the shiny side. cause they must have removed imperfections before chroming it, in other words before they chromed it they must have sanded it multiple times (one reason why the markings are gone, aside the fact that it is now a fed. laboratories gun).it also means that you still have to paint it, to give it that dark metal /black appearance.

Having the plating removed should be relatively cheap and the gun can then be reblued back to its original state (before Fed labs got ahold and plated it )- no painting will be req'd.

SAS

Dude, it's a good score--with or without the chrome. It may have last been modified by Fed. Lab., but it started its life as a Webley. :) How much would it cost to re-blue it? It would add a level of authenticity to it. :)

Enjoy!

Well guys, the universe has desided to **** me once again. i can not own this gun because once again massachusettes laws have swooped in and crushed my dreams. i cannot have a gun with a serial number brought into the state if it wernt stamped with a serial number or if i lived in ANY other state i could have this, but no. so mods can you plz get rid of this thread. im going to go shoot stuff with my Garand for a wile...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back