Imperial Funland Event 2008

en4cer3184

Jr Hunter
Since last years event was such a great success, I have spoken with the General Manager of Funland in Mandeville and he has agreed to do this event yearly to help raise money for needing charities. We have created a website for this years event, and invite everyone to check it out to see what this event is all about. This is a mostly a cannon 501st Event for the Louisiana and Mississippi Squads, but if some members want to wear a non-cannon costume to the event that is alright with me. However I would like to stress, that all members of the 501st Legion and the Dented Helmet are welcome to attend this event.

We had over 30 members in costume last year, and over 500 guests to mingle and take photos with. Not to mention, any member brave enough, were able to race in the Go-Karts against the kids and play Laser Tag against them. Of course, there was also miniature golf and other things to do as well. The GM of Funland even had a large screen set up with Star Wars Battlefront 2 playing on the X-Box 360. The kids were able to play the game, with a time limit so other kids could have an opportunity to play. After the event was over, we tallied up the money and discovered that we raised over $4,000.00 which was given to a Sheriff's Deputy who was critically injured in an accident last year.

This years event is going to be on November 2, 2008 from 12:00pm till 7:00pm. If anyone is interested in attending, please e-mail me and let me know. Also, if anyone is interested in donating items that will be used in a raffle or silent auction, please e-mail me and let me know what you are willing to donate. If possible I would like to collect Star Wars items for the raffle and auction. However, anything you are willing to donate will be greatly appreciated. There will also be a donation link on the website, where people will be able to make a cash donation. The money will be deposited into a special PayPal account, and will be dispursed to the charity at the end of the event. Again, if you would like to find out more about this event, please visit the below link. Thanks!
icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.imperialfunland.com/

That was my first event with the 501st, and it was for a GREAT cause! A lot of thanks to Rodney for setting something that big up! You know I will be there this year! It will be even bigger and better! :cheers

You are very welcome to attend Nick. You and your other CCT members....:)

You can copy this post and put it on your boards if you like...Thanks!

I have spoken with several members of my squad, and was advised that since this is a 501st event, only official members of the 501st are invited to this event. Therefore anyone who is not an official member of the 501st Legion, will not be able to attend this event.

However, if you would still like to contribute to the chosen charity, you can do so by following this link to the Imperial Funland Event web page.

http://www.imperialfunland.com/donations.htm

Thanks again!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back