"I have a bad feeling about this"

Scoutleader

Active Hunter
While watching "Lost" last night the "pop up" window noted that the line "I have a bad feeling about this" is mentioned in every Star Wars movie.I had never thought about a that and come to think of it I remeber it being said in ATOC(Obi-Won),ANH(Han Solo) and RTOJ(Lando).I think ???? :rolleyes
In the other movies who said the line ???
Oh well ....I guess reason number 501 to watch the whole Saga again ;)

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace: As Obi-Wan Kenobi's first line at the beginning when Kenobi talks to Qui-Gon Jinn onboard Saak'ak.

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones: Anakin Skywalker at Geonosis in the arena, in reference to the approaching execution beasts.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith: Obi-Wan Kenobi talking to Anakin Skywalker as their starfighters approach a large, closing blast door on Invisible Hand.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope: Luke Skywalker when approaching the Death Star in Millennium Falcon (as "I have a very bad feeling about this"), and Han Solo says "I got a bad feeling about this." before the walls of the trash compactor start to close.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Princess Leia inside the belly of the space slug, just before the mynocks appear.

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi: C-3PO when entering Jabba the Hutt's palace, and Han Solo when the Ewoks capture the strike team.

It's just one of those things, kinda like people screaming "Nooo!" in every movie.
I know Mission Vao and Atton Rand say it in Knights of the Old Republic and The Sith Lords.

Obi-wan, 3PO, Han Solo, virtually every Star Wars character siad it except the ones that maybe should have... such as Grand Moff Tarkin, when the 1st death star was destroyed. Palpatine when Vader picked him up and threw him down the elevator shaft etc.

i said it just before watching the phantom menace...........and i was right!!!!!!

RENEGADE 88, that was a good one!!! and Desloc I want you on my team next time I play Star wars Trivial Pursuit!! Desloc, did you get your name from the vintage anime series Star Blazers? that is one of my all time favorite anime movies!

It's just one of those things, kinda like people screaming "Nooo!" in every movie.
I know Mission Vao and Atton Rand say it in Knights of the Old Republic and The Sith Lords.

Actually it was done intentionally to bring a sense of connection between the films. Not just a coincidence.

It's always the good guys who say it. Han, Luke, Leia, 3PO... and Anakin was still on the Light Side of the Force when he said it.

It's funny but I was just thinking about this bit of trivia recently. I was trying to remember who said it in each movie. I had most of them, but since I'm not a huge fan of the prequil trilogy I kinda forgot some of that.

LadySewforus - your comment reminds me of something I wonder about sometimes - actually, almost every time I watch ANH - and that is this: does anyone else get the feeling from Gov Tarkin that he not only knew the Death Star was going to be destroyed, but actually counted on it? There are a few things about some of his lines and the way he reacts to comments made by others that always made me feel this about him. It's subtle, but it seems very real to me.

RENEGADE 88, that was a good one!!! and Desloc I want you on my team next time I play Star wars Trivial Pursuit!! Desloc, did you get your name from the vintage anime series Star Blazers? that is one of my all time favorite anime movies!
Yep, however it is actually Dessler in Japan and spelled Desslok for the US version. Unfortunately, I was not aware of the correct spelling when I started using, Desloc, as my "ID" for gaming mid-90's. The spelling "Desloc" was a character from a late 90's comic, however, I still consider it from Star Blazers. And yes I was around when it was first shown on TV.....
Mike

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back