Helm Question: Circuit Board?

FettDad

Active Hunter
hey guys, just wanting to inquire about the MQ-1 circuit board in the back of the helmet...i have seen ones screwed into the back, and just wanted to know where i could find one....are they for sale from someone? do we paint them? thanks for the help in advance...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
All the MQ-1 boards that you can see are resin casts. You can buy one in eBay, or from someone in this forum. If you find a real MQ-1 calculator, you're a lucky guy.

And yes, al the resin cast are painted with the same red that you put on the helmet.

:cheers

Find a cast either from flea-bay or a member here (recommended).

Then what you can then do is glue it to a piece of foam board (Sintra) maybe 3mm thick with dimensions 15mm all round the dims of the circuit board, then if you're just gonna glue it in, buy some spacers 5mm Dia x 8mm long (Very approx) and place one in each corner (to suit the internal shape/form of your lid) prime, then paint in the same red as external (Caboose) and you're good to go... At least that is what I was gonna do on one of my lids? (y)

I will have some copies in the next few weeks. I need to get the people taken care of that I already told I would have parts for them. My mold is from my MQ-1 and it only had to mold it 2 times to get it right. When I do mine, they will have Al power in the resin to give them a sort of metal look.

I will have some copies in the next few weeks. I need to get the people taken care of that I already told I would have parts for them. My mold is from my MQ-1 and it only had to mold it 2 times to get it right. When I do mine, they will have Al power in the resin to give them a sort of metal look.

Wandered when you'd pop in bruv... ;) (y)

Wandered when you'd pop in bruv... ;) (y)

Little long this week. Been taking care of my family.

Those little guys are a pain to make. Between how thin they are and the Al power, they take about 60 before I can demold them. Normally it only takes about 30 min.

All the MQ-1 boards that you can see are resin casts. You can buy one in eBay, or from someone in this forum. If you find a real MQ-1 calculator, you're a lucky guy.

And yes, al the resin cast are painted with the same red that you put on the helmet.

:cheers

I saw one on ebay the other day. The price was ridiculous to just be tearing it apart.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back