My ESB Boba Fett helmet progress

Gino

Active Hunter
Here are some photos of my Malone Fett helmet in progress.
I've been fortunate enough to be working with a dedicated group of people who have all come together in a unified goal which is to attempt to recreate the most faithful representation of a Fett helmet outside of the archives.
I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed hours of debate, deliberation, and their hardcore scrutiny of the finest of details (mostly before I got involved ;)). My involvement in this helmet project is just a piece of a much larger collaborative effort which I am proud to be a part of.
A special thanks to you Lee.

This is our progress so far. The next step will be to wire up the electronics which will pass from inside the helmet, up through the stalk and into the rangefinder, just like the film helmets.
After that and a couple of other minor steps and it's time for paint.
I'll continue to take photos and post progress pics as there are new developments.

8575480.jpeg

8622000.jpeg

8669494.jpeg

8696080.jpeg

8738022.jpeg

8837852.jpeg

8874367.jpeg

8919905.jpeg

8955569.jpeg

Nice job so far! Interesting to see you've included the semi-circular groove in the bottom of the RF stalk (as on the real one) does this perform any function?

Now that is awesome, thats as close as youre going to get to the real deal and I know youll do the paint up justice too Gino

Thanks for confidence in me.
I have to say though, without the help of Lee and others on this project, all my effort in the world would not add up to much.

Really appreciate that Gino and although I may get my chops busted for this. But SS just tore into the CAD and photoshop to get the missing pieces worked out as well as the RF. It's a combined group of folks involved from SS, Wes, TylerDurden, Natty15d and Brak's. We got the proper materials from the UK for some areas as well as having Gino getting those stalks manufactured. We did disagree on some things and exchanged ideas and opinons on the unknowns and in the end it all worked out for the best. Although I supplied the casting that is not where the real work was done, the vast majority was completed by SS.

Really appreciate that Gino and although I may get my chops busted for this. But SS just tore into the CAD and photoshop to get the missing pieces worked out as well as the RF. It's a combined group of folks involved from SS, Wes, TylerDurden, Natty15d and Brak's. We got the proper materials from the UK for some areas as well as having Gino getting those stalks manufactured. We did disagree on some things and exchanged ideas and opinons on the unknowns and in the end it all worked out for the best. Although I supplied the casting that is not where the real work was done, the vast majority was completed by SS.

A group effort indeed! My part was to sit back and say "make sure I get one when you guys are done!" I know Lee, Wes, and Chris have really been burning the midnight oil on this and I am really looking forward to a final product. I will finally have something to show for all my years here at TDH.

Excellent work you guys!!!

wtg on the stalks too there Gino. :lol:

great looking helmet

Impressive! :cheers Where's the emoticon with the jaw-dropping? :lol:

I'm assuming the ears are machined aluminum? What does the underside look like? Odd question, I know, but I'm curious about the shape from that angle.

Not that I could afford it, but are there any plans to cast this bad boy? :love

Keep up the excellent work! (y)

Thanks for the kind words.
Keep in mind that this helmet is a representation of the work put in by more than just myself, so we all share in the compliments.

Unfortunately, the helmet is not being made available.

I'll continue to post progress pics at certain (milestone) stages as long as there is a desire to see them.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back