rubies?

Akaron Tarik

Jr Hunter
i get the feeling that rubies' buckets aren't viewed in a positive light, but i was wondering why?

are they a decent discount helmet to get for a beginner's, heavily price-limited armor set?

They are made of a cheap rubber/vinyl material that warps in hot weather, and are extremely inaccurate in shape and form. They are more of a novelty item IMO. But on the other hand, the Don Post 95 (DP95) helmets are made with sturdier material and with some modifications can be made to look accurate enough for trooping. From the post of others who owned a DP95, they seem to be more on the small side for size comparison with the other fan made helmets. Hope this helps!

I heard that people who get a Rubies helmet and plan to mod it, get the Jango version. Has anybody seen the difference between the two?

yeah i'm not so worried right now about it being the best helmet ever made...i'm just looking for a good, cheap helmet that i can just paint to my liking.

I had one of these, but I sold it and got a Mystery helm instead.

It's a pretty sturdy piece, if you installed some interior support it would be even more so.
I liked it - it was too small was about my only real complaint.

Many examples, such as Jax, have turned out looking incredibly spectacular as customs.

I had a DP95 boba helmet. Those helmets are nice compared to what they make now a days. There isn't too much difference between the rubies jango and boba helmets besides the dent and range finder covers. Tho the jango's do look shaped better.

check ebay, you can sometimes find a mystery helmet for cheap, but they'll need a lot of work. filling and sanding. but you should be able to grab it for a few dollars more then a rubies...and will look better in the long run!!!

In my opinion, you can get a SfG helmet for only a bit more than you will pay for a rubies and you'll have a helmet you can actually get 501st approval with and wont warp into a pile of mush if you leave it in your car by accident.

Not to mention you wont have to spend 2 weeks trying to cut and modify it to even look remotely accurate.

Rubies helm = good for letting the kids play with because it wont really break when you drop it, but not really good for accurate costuming. Try to find a DP if you're dead set on the licensed ones.

has anyone seen the rubie 2 piece jango? if so what are your impressions of using it for a custom mando, with price being an issue? and full hardcore quality accuracy also not an issue

has anyone seen the rubie 2 piece jango? if so what are your impressions of using it for a custom mando, with price being an issue? and full hardcore quality accuracy also not an issue

Well, it's not much thicker than halloween mask plastic, is small, and has seams on the sides.

So IMO, not the best choice really...

I own a 2-piece jango and i am using it for my custom mando.. while it may not be the best bucket it is a good budget bucket.. If your on the merc site there are tutorials and other information about this bucket.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back