Ok, about US Medium Green

Here, I have done a test spraying with my airbrush experimenting with the European DK green. When the US med green comes in tomorrow, I will post a comparison pic for ya.

Test Paint.JPG

Ok, got to painting today, pic 1 is inside with a light on and flash any daylight left.

Pic 2 is taken outside with hardly

Pic 3 is the comparison.

The dark green looks closer to that italian olive spray paint. The only other question is, should I seal this with anything for a protective layer? Or will it be fine?

BobaP1.JPG

BobaP2.JPG

BobaP3.JPG

How would you say the Euro Dark green compares with the US Med Green? From your pics it doesn't look too dark, but maybe too blue.

Ok, this morning I check on the armor, and didn't realize it left such a rough coat on it, so I used a real fine sandpaper and cleaned it up, than added a new coat. Later in the afternoon I decided to do the details on it. The weatherin pics aren't shown, but I did that a little bit ago.

71.jpg

81.jpg

How would you say the Euro Dark green compares with the US Med Green? From your pics it doesn't look too dark, but maybe too blue.

Ok, to answer your question, it is different. Definately darker.

Took a better pic for ya.

2.1.JPG

The US Med green looks great in person. Gotta find out why my camera sucks. The Euro dark green looks a bit like a flat Spray of Hunter Green.

I picked up a bottle of the Polly US Med Green, and tested it vs. a lightened Euro Dark green. I didn't get it quite light enough, but no matter as it has way too much blue in it. I also tried out a lightened Topside green, which was closer, but also too blue. Seems too much trouble to keep mixing to match it. If I end up using Med Green, I'll just use the acrylic and keep my enamel air brushing on top.

100_1899_3.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back