TDH Ad in the Star Wars Insider

I'll probably be submitting this shot from the CG photo shoot this past Saturday.

_MG_4416b.jpg

Nothing like a good profile shot! =D

Here's a frontal shot also.

_MG_4425b.jpg

I know what you're thinking, Mirax. It was the Carolina Garrison. They did a photo shoot this past weekend and the one Novall posted is a part of the set the Mercs were in. You can see more here.

David.

Alrighty... sorry this took so long.

Dear participants,

I know some of you have sent images already but I would like to request everyone send/resend your entries to the following address: insiderad@thedentedhelmet.com.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY AS FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS MAY RESULT IN YOU BEING DISQUALIFIED FROM BEING CHOSEN FOR THE AD!
• Please put your BOARD NAME in the subject line of the email.
• Please attach ONE image that you would like to enter for the ad. I know several of you have quite a number of images but you must pic ONE. The image must be of good quality. I will try to let you know in advance if the image you send is too poor in quality so you have time to take and send another.
• Please include your real name, and the statein which you live (country if you are outside the US) with your entry. Please let us know if you are NOT ok with us using your real name and location in the ad. This will not affect your chances of being picked for the ad.
• Please include what verison your costume is (RotJ Boba, Jango, Variant, ESB Boba, etc)
• Entries MUST be received by Friday, May 23, 2008.
Please be prepared to pay $125 if you are chosen to be in the ad. We will let you know, via email, on Friday, May 30, 2008 if you have been chosen to be in the ad or not.

Please note, due to size constraints, we will most likely only be using upper body shots. You are welcome to send in full body shots if you would like, but they will probably be cropped to no more than Head shoulders and chest, possibly full torso. We want to make sure you can tell it is indeed YOU in the pic and not some tiny little full body speck...

So how are we choosing those who will be in the ad?

First, let me again say, I am not part of the choosing process! We have three people who are not directly involved with TDH but who are familiar with us and who are familiar with Fett who will be grading the photos. They will be grading based on the quality of the suit, the quality of the photo, and overall on if they feel the costume represents TDH well. Based on their gradings, we will fill the slots for the ad. We currently have 9 slots available for our Insider Ad. In addition to the grading, we will be breaking the slots down to try to get as much diversity in the ad as possible. What does this mean? If you are entering an RotJ Fett you have stiff competition as there are quite a few RotJ entries. If you have a Supertrooper Fett, you will probably have a better chance as there is little competition in this area. However, is you have no direct competition in regard to the style of suit you are entering,this doesn’t mean you will be included by default. You will still have to provide a picture/costume of good quality. As an example, we would rather have two RotJ Fett’s represented than have a poor quality image of a unique character. The grading and methods for choosing participants will not be divulged beyond what is written here. As stated above, on the 30th we will annouce those who will be included via email.

If you aren’t chosen it doesn’t mean your costume is poor or that you should feel bad. There are only so many slots available. As I mentioned previously, we have already been approached in regard to a second ad. If you aren’t in the first ad, there is greater liklihood you will be in the second (if you so choose) as we will not rerun the same suit in a second ad.

Payment will be due (preferably via paypal) following the email of the winners. We will include paypal info in that email.
Thank you to all who are participating and who are showing their support for TDH. Your enthusiasm is greatly appreciated!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
More likely will be lumped in with ESB. I would love nothing more than to represent every variant but SE will look a lot like ESB to most viewers... With 9 slots... I am thinking perfection would be:

Supertrooper
Holiday Special
Prepro1
Prepro2
ESB
RotJ
Jango
Zam Wesell
Dented Variant

I don't think that is how it will end up, but that is what I would ideally like to see.

Well I wont be ready until the second time around...

however...

does it have to be a frontal shot.. Id love to show off my soon to arrive custom screen accurate Bobamaker Jet Pack in a shot, even if it is just a partial view of it and mostly my helmet, armour and blaster... :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back