Slave one filming seat

BobaFettSlave1

Active Hunter
hi guy, long time no see. twas watching ESB few hours ago and i thought this might be fairly interesting to you guys. or atleast to that guy who wants to remake Slave I's cockpit for his film. to get to the point i beleive Boba's chair is the same or atleast verry similar to the two back seats in the millennium falcon as well as the seat where Han is siting when he mocks the force in ANH. the reason i point this out is to both help the guy making the fanfilm and i want a kick arse gaming seat. ide upload pics to support my claim but my ps3 dont want me to. she be a crewl mistres. mabie someone will be nice enough to post some for me.
so dose anyone know what the parts are for the seats? ;)
so what ya guys think?
Edit. heres the pick of the top of the seat with han. im gunna need a widescreen pic of boba cause the seat aint there in full.
edit ok took all the screenys i could of bobas chair and the others. they deffinetly look similar to me. they all seam to differ from one another in only smal parts. the main neck and headrest are the same still

han.jpg

boba.jpg

boba 2.JPG

boba 3.JPG

chair.JPG

han chair.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The Falcon's rear cockpit/main hold chairs are based on stripped down Martin-Baker Mk.4 ejection seats.
Those pics you posted of Boba's pilot seat look pretty much identical. Very cool! I hadn't ever noticed that before. It makes sense that they would have reused some of the set dressing between the two cockpits.

The Falcon's rear cockpit/main hold chairs are based on stripped down Martin-Baker Mk.4 ejection seats.
Those pics you posted of Boba's pilot seat look pretty much identical. Very cool! I hadn't ever noticed that before. It makes sense that they would have reused some of the set dressing between the two cockpits.

well ill be damned it is a mk.4
so what ya think one of these babies would cost?

Oh, I have no idea. . . be cool to have one though! :love
I've seen refurbished ejection seats online go for anywhere from $1200 up to $4000 depending on the type of seat.
The thing with this one is that most of the accessories and survival gear is stripped off, leaving pretty much only the main frame of the seat. And then even that was modified somewhat. On the Falcon's seats for example, they added the same round Tupperware lid to the backrest that's found on Sandtrooper backpacks!

Oh, I have no idea. . . be cool to have one though! :love
I've seen refurbished ejection seats online go for anywhere from $1200 up to $4000 depending on the type of seat.
The thing with this one is that most of the accessories and survival gear is stripped off, leaving pretty much only the main frame of the seat. And then even that was modified somewhat. On the Falcon's seats for example, they added the same round Tupperware lid to the backrest that's found on Sandtrooper backpacks!

ya youd really only need the frame wouldnt ya even then itd be neat to have a beat up frame, looks like bobas is all scratched up. price aside where the hell would you go to find a mk.4? aviatilon boneyard?

The Martin-Baker ejection seats were used for the 2 back chairs in the Falcon's cockpit, as well as Han's "Hokey religions and ancient weapons. . ." chair in the main hold.
That pic looks very similar, but several of the M-B seat designs look fairly close to each other.

Hmm. . . not sure. The Martin-Baker seats are British, so of course they were used in British aircraft.
Don't know how many foreign planes they have in AMARG.

Are these the front chairs or the back chairs from the Falcon? It is supposed to be one of them...

I think it's a member of the Martin Baker Mk. 4 series. Although, if that is a studio prop department photo, that seat looks on the surface to be more of a training example rather than something out of an operational aircraft. Also, small parts and paint colors will vary depending on the aircraft type/configuration.

Seen here (full size):
http://www.ejectorseats.co.uk/mkfourpics.html and,
http://www.ejectionsite.com/vixenseat.htm

Explained here:
http://www.ejectorseats.co.uk/mba.html

mk4dsa_lt.jpg

mk4dsa_rt.jpg

mk4lhs.jpg

mk4rhs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back