Requesting backup from bay area(CA) fetts cardboard delima

nyoron

New Hunter
I am attempting to make the cardboard helmet, but Michaels and office depot does not carry the cardboard sheets. Are there any other places in San Jose, Milpitas, or someplace near by that carries the sheets of cardboard?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

most office stores carry boxes that would work you can buy them collapsed for making filing boxes and moving and storage companies do to also you might be surprised what hardwood stores carry
hope this helps

Depending on how thick you need it, you might try looking for matte board at Michaels or another craft store that does framing. It usually comes in decent thicknesses.

Michaels sells thick illustration board in 2x3 ft. sheets, but it's fairly expensive. I work there, so I know. It's great stuff, but it's a bit pricy. Maybe some of the other art supply store would carry something cheaper. The mat board material at Michaels is precut. Unfortunately we don't sell that in sheets, although you might be able to make a deal at the custom framing counter. If you should happen to find anyplace that sells that good thick cardboard, be sure to let us know. I'd love to find a source!

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe a place that sells supplies to architects and things like that would carry it for making models and such. I know there's alot of art stores in Berkeley. I think you should try out there first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Utrecht Art Supplies in Berkeley on University Ave, sells it. It's called chipboard, and they sell it in 30"X40" sheets, in various thicknesses. I just bought 4 sheets, and it cost me about $5. I'm very excited, and happy to share that with y'all. :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back