Wanted to say hey!, its been awhile

Jluck

Active Hunter
well hot damn it's been awhile! i've sure missed alot of action on the boards in the past couple/few months.
And i have got to say the JB/project, WOW!!! all of you came together and did ONE HELL OF A JOB! seriously amazing guys and gals. what a thread to come back to (y)

any how, i wanted to post up and say hey to everyone since i ended up MIA for awhile. i really dont want to babble on too much so hope this stays kind of short.

well as i posted last fall i was in a nasty car acc. that took out my lower half leaving me w/ no lumbar discs from the L-2 to the S-2 vertebre, and nerv damage. long story short i have very limited use of my lower body and limited/carful use of the upper as to not aggervate or casue further damage. i was suppose to under go surgery after the holidays, but opted-out to under go very aggressive thearpy in hopes of improvement. eventually, at some point in my life i will HAVE to have the surgery and i will try as long as i can to prolong that and fight as best i can. the outcome has been minimal sofar, not much inprovement at all. and becasue of the fact that im using my upperbody to make up for the lower half, i am now aggervating injuries in my cervical spine from a car acc. a decade ago. :rolleyes

i am still keeping very positive about all this, i still drag myself to school 2 tims a week ( maintaining highest honors every quarter mind ya ) school is a hugh deal for me, especially since my career as a carpenter is done. im taking very minimal painkillers and the docs think im crazy not only becasue i take very lil painkillers, but im not taking something w/ the strength of oxycotton and such that most would have to take under the conditions...not even close to something like that ;)

well thats the update fellas, as some of you awhile back asked me to keep all of you posted. i didnt mean to dissapear w/ only popping in/out everyonce in a great while. but i had to keep my focus on bettering my situation, and the fact that all my projects had to be left abandoned again would have kept me feeling a bit down. so i set my fett and other projects aside completly until i got over another hurdle.

im looking forward to getting all caught up on the threads and i am SO HAPPY to be back on TDH, in the fett world which i missed greatly!!!! :)

hope to catch up w/ all of ya soon!! (y) :cheers

~shawn

hoooorahhhh!!!!

wow... you're really marching on through some tough stuff! very inspirational for those of us who think we have it rough sometimes!!

agree. keep fighting shawn, just the fact that you are positive and trying is great man

keep going!

btw im david, just joined :) ...and yeah welcome back! (y)

It really is great to see you back Shawn - you bring a level of positivity to the boards that is very rare. It seems to mirror who you are outside of these boards. You're most definitely one of the "Good Guys" up here (y)

Here's to you getting better with each day that passes, no time to lose ! :cheers

FP

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back