Loanstar Flightsuit review

CombatBaby

Well-Known Hunter
Got my Loanstar ESB jumpsuit today, after a little bit more than a 2 month wait. :)

As far as the jumpsuit+service goes I gotta give it about a 7.5 out of 10.

I realize that people here have full time jobs and families and do runs at a sacrifice of their time and occasionally a gamble on funds (if funds are not immediately collected).

The flightsuit seemed like it was going to be pretty accurate, and that's what made me place the order. I previously owned a skygunbro, and it fit like a glove that could breathe. Unfortunately, I grew out of it and have passed it on to my cousin. Then someone pissed Jason off enough for him to leave, I know who was the final straw for him, and that's really lame of them, but it wasn't just one person that lead to his decision to leave.

So, I had to look elsewhere. The BobaMaker flightsuit, although i hear good things just didn't appeal to me. I didn't like the button setup or the collar, it also looked baggy in pictures I saw. I guess i wouldn't know unless i ordered one, but that's the reason I didn't order one of those.

Someone suggested LadySewForUs but she and her partner were on a break and hadn't started back up yet.

Then someone mentioned the loanstar run starting up.

I went for it.

The price is what brought the score down in my review. At the price (compared to what I had gotten from Jason previously and the price of other sellers on their suits) I was expecting perfection.

I though the suit was going to be double zippered as brought up in the thread, and it ended up not being.

The sleeves are about 6 inches too short, which otherwise wouldn't bother me because I can add material (which will get covered by gauntlets anyway) to make them longer. However, I got charged an XXL fee and will now have to alter it anyway.

The good?

It arrived.
The shin pockets seem good, and the thigh pockets supported my inserts.
The color is good and the fabric is decent as well. Feels like it will breathe.

I don't really mean to sound harsh on this but the suit is just good in my opinion, not amazing.

I understand it's hard to make a suit for someone that isn't in front of you to measure up, but I was really hoping for the money it'd be dead on.

If anyone has any additional questions or would really like me to post pics I'll see what I can do this week.

-CB

I feel your pain bro, although I don't own a Loanstar suit I agree that it is next to impossible to get what you pay for these days. I bought a flightsuit from a maker here that is now after a few troops is starting to come apart at the seems. I've washed it twice without putting it in the dryer (I always hang dry for fear of it shrinking) and the stitching is now coming apart?? I understand that it is tough for the seemstress to get the measurments 100% accurate, but it should come pretty darn close.

my sleeves were 4 inches too short, shin tool pockets and thigh pockets are way too small and had to cut open to allow for my shin tools to fit???? when I told them of the problems, they made it seem like I was complaining about it and threatened to give me a refund and to go somewhere else???.

I hired a local tailor to do a custom suit to my specs and is going to cost me $210. not bad for something done right and that will last a long time.

good luck with yours dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has any additional questions or would really like me to post pics I'll see what I can do this week.

Please post pics. I was thinking of getting one of these suits.

But this is the second review that I have now read that said this suit was only "OK". :facepalm

I recieved my Jango suit about 2 weeks ago.

I'm a stickler for accuracy and I'm the first to complain when I feel hard done by and overall I'd say I am very impressed with the product, service and delivery time.

The colour and quality for the money ($210 USD) was in my opinion spot on and the the fit was 95% perfect. The suit was a tad long, but by my own admition I have lost 30Lbs since Christmas, an easy fix with a snap popper or two.

There was a slight tear in the suit on arrival which has since been fixed. I suspect this was down to customs opening the box prior to delivery. I contacted Loanstar imediately and he offered to repair and alter the suit no questions asked, had I not been on such a tight deadline I wuld have returned it, but as it was such a minor rip I've put it into my local seemstress for repair.

As / When I need a new suit I'll be PM'ing Loanstar again.

I may be wrong but dont all the sellers on here do this out of the love for the hobby and for the good of the community? Is there any need to publicly' bash sellers, where a private PM could surfice?

I may be wrong but dont all the sellers on here do this out of the love for the hobby and for the good of the community? Is there any need to publicly' bash sellers, where a private PM could surfice?

I didn't read any bashing in this thread. :rolleyes

nobody's bashing anyone here. you need to re-read the posts dude. are we supposed to keep quiet about poor service and accept poor quality? people want to vent about there purchase and experiance with seller's. there's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion.

it's all good mate. believe me, I tend to go off on a rant sometimes but I would never publicly call anyone out. so many of us have had bad experiances and sometimes it's just good to know if your really getting your money's worth. the thing that really tick's me off is when you finally get your item and it's wrong, sometimes the seller makes it out like it's your fault for there mistakes??

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal CombatBaby. I purchased a skygunbro a few months ago and hate it for anyone that does not have one of his suits, they're the best IMO. Good luck modding/returning (what I would do) your suit.

-Matt

This isn't a public bashing it's a review :facepalm. And even at that, I think it's more beneficial to post an honest review than to resolve things privately. These are basically new, it's not a product most people know about enough that they have no hesitation to place an order. And when I say that (in regards to my review) I'm not telling anyone not to order. I'm just stating what my experience was.

I didn't read any bashing in this thread. :rolleyes

(y)

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal CombatBaby. I purchased a skygunbro a few months ago and hate it for anyone that doesn't have one of these. Good luck modding/returning (what I would do) your suit.

-Matt

:D It's not really a tragedy as much as a "dang, i thought I could wear this right away I guess not". I don't doubt Loanstar's ability either. Miscommunication on measurement or just a bad cut whichever it's not really worth it for me to ship it back to him when I can just finish it myself, even though I'm sure it could come back with that 10/10 fantastic. I guess i'm glad it was a matter of sleeve length than anything else. The sleeves can be covered by the gauntlet's anyway, it just sucks I paid more for materials for an XXL but still need to mod it.

I think if he continues making them and people feed him positive/constructive criticism reviews they'll be top notch after a short while, I'm just saying I was in the guinea pig run and it was evident.

Hey everyone,

I have read your review now for a couple of times.
There are some things I can not understand.

CB, You have a very special size and I could not make this suit fitting to your arms 100%. If the sleeves are to short, than I understand that it is my fault.
I had another customer that was round about 62.5 inch and the sleeves where to long.
Sometimes this special sizes are very complicated if you cant use the person for a test fitting.
So I understand that you where not pleased to receive it with to short sleeves.
But here is what I had done to your flight suit.
I would have make you a complete new arm with sleeves that are long enough if you had contacted me for this.
You gave my flight suit a rating.
7.5 points from 10
You even have not tried my service out. (no pm or something like this)

Wooow
For my meaning I have made the most accurate ESB Flight Suit that I have seen for (the original not included ) Even other makers have still some
wrong pocket flaps aso (just my 2 cent)
You have not rated them
What about a BM, SGB LS flight suit?
I have not seen a rating for them.
So if you or the whole community starts a rating system on products that
are made for the community than please be so fair to rate everything.
And please let us all know how your rating works.
About the service.
I had finished your suit after round about 2 weeks since I posted it but have send them all together out. I gave you a update on my thread and have let you know. I think 5 weeks + shipping is not the fastest but
I know a lot of suppliers that took 3 month for their work.

Double Zipper
I thought about a double Zipper but that would have rise the price up for round about 20 $US . Yes double zipper that size are very expensive in europe and I do not start producing my parts in china where little kids work for 3 cent a hour and maybe a double zipper cost only 20 cent.

So if I would have installed that expensive zipper I know what the most of you had telling me. (What you already did) Your stupid european why are you so expensive (remember just the mail from bounty about my pockets).
I could show you a lot of more mails from other members how the shouted me about my high price.
I have posted something about the price situation in Europe/usa in my thread
some weeks ago already.
I never said there will be a double zipper I just said in my first thread, I will work something out.

You started a rating system on my work and your review seems to me
like my work is only a piece of s...
I know how this works here.
The most of the people that read this thread only flew over it and read.

Loanstar Flight suit Rating 7.5
are we supposed to keep quiet about poor service and accept poor quality?
sometimes the seller makes it out like it's your fault for there mistakes??
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your ordeal CombatBaby

That's what where stated here in this thread that is about my flight suit.

Why haven't you just contacted me and telling me hey mike, the sleeves are to short please repair this?
Do you think other makers like bm, ls or sgb made never a flight suit to short or to long or whatever?
You have not a standard size and that makes it very difficult to make it fitting like 100%.

I was thinking for a long time to not do special sizes because of problems that can happen than.
But there are a lot of members that have a special size and they also are a part of that board and want to wear a costume so I decided to still make them.
I have a list with over 60 flight suits that I have made for tdh and rpf members last year and I only have 3 reclamation's . Yours included.
Round about 40 of them where special sizes.

Once again, I understand that you are not happy with your sleeves because I made them to short but I would have helped you (and still will) to make it perfect.
But you started this thread and a lot of members getting a bad feeling by
thinking of ordering by me now.
That is not fair.

Your wrote about SGB
Then someone pissed Jason off enough for him to leave
That's exactly what happend to BKBT, MOW ...
Without a bad rating system on them

That's exactly what will happen to me.
Instead of solving problems by talking about it, we start making a unfair rating system.

Why should I still work for this board when members starting to vote against my products?
I remember when I started the first Jango Vest thread it was absolute
amazing how much fun we had to nail it down to accuracy.
25 vests were made and 23 customers said wooow we love it.
Than only one guy made it mad/bad in the public and since than no one ordered them any more.
Watch how much different size people loved their parts from me.
And than one guy that was pissed because the vest was one size to big made all bad.
Thank you very much.

Try to see it from my view.
You have a fulltime job (my own company) with family and everything.
Than you start working in your free time on doing as most accurate parts as possible, you give a lot of your free time to this community and try to make the parts you want to share with them as most accurate and quality as possible. You don't make a big money out of this because it is more
for the love than for the money. Than you receive mails about your price that is not fair, one said your color is to dark, the other said it is to light,
the third said it is to purple aso.
??????
What are we doing here?

Just let me know the following about my product that I made for you.
How good are the seamlines?
How accurate are the pockets?
How good is the fabric that I chose for it?
How good is just the quality of this flight suit?

Just let me know this and let this know the community.

Thx

Mike
btw sorry for my English but I do not have a translation program with me on my vacation

The sleeves can be covered by the gauntlet's anyway, it just sucks I paid more for materials for an XXL but still need to mod it.

For whatever it's worth, I actually intentionally cut my sleeves a bit short. My sleeves only come to about 1/2 down the gauntlets. Reason being that the wrist area on my gauntlets is somewhat snug, and I didn't want the extra fabric bunching up in there.

So if the length is such that the gauntlets cover the bottom of the sleeve well, you may not even have to care.

Im not taking sides but wanted to put down my perspective on this form a makers standpoint.
When I was doing suits we did ALOT and I mean ALOT of suits I think just on the TDH alone I did about 75 suits over the course of a year and a half.
For the most part I had no complaints..I had a few that didnt quite fit them right or a few that thought the first run material I used was a little thin....some guys in hotter climates liked the thinner suits but some wanted thicker so I ended up offering both thick and thin.
Im not perfect by any means and neither is anything I make so we as makers can and do make mistakes but I had several suits I made using measurements sent by the customer that were done wrong so when they received their suits they didnt quite fit properly.So remember the customer can make mistakes as well.
Even though in some cases it was clear that the measurement sent were wrong I always backed my stuff and either offered to make mods if possible or if not re-do the whole suit and eat the original.
Also As makers we dont know there is a problem unless we are told...so when people decide to post their displeasure publicly before even consulting the maker to see if there is anything that can be worked out kind of ....well sucks...
Im not saying this is what you did or are doing combatbaby Im just makinig a generalized statement so the consumer can kind of see where us makers are coming from as well.
But I also know there are alot of makers that take your cash send you subpar stuff and say well...to bad and that also sucks so i feel for both sides.
My long drawn out point is communication between buyer and seller and making sure that you back your product as a maker but as a buyer you give us feedback so we can work out a problem or make our item better.
end of blab.-Jason

SGB did exactly that for me. I'm really wierd to fit and he made me a whole new suit after I let him know I had some tight spots.

So much can be resolved by PM'ing the seller and discussing issues in private.

I just want to reiterate for all the speed readers, I'd rate Loanstar's Jango Flightsuit a healthy 9 / 10 and his service and communication 9.5 / 10

......just to chime in on replicating the flightsuit in particular....this isn't meant to bear weight on any one person,place or thing. It is immensely in the eyes of the beholder on color and will always be up for individual taste and interpretation. With regards to size, measurements are a good place to start for a custom, but don't always solve problems.

When I got my own flightsuit years ago from Katarra I provided measurements of a sweatshirt that fit me the way I wanted my flightsuit to fit....it worked and was a gamble as your supposed to measure yourself. Others who did got suits & costumes that were too small. I ordered three costumes this way and they all fit flawless...like a custom tailored costume should.

Bottom line is there is no one size and in this case one color fits all with regard to this suit and I guess I just have always seen the Boba Fett flightsuit in particular be a source of sour grapes for both vendor and customer which is really a shame.

Loanstars flightsuit looks the best that has come along in a long time IMO and hopefully these will only get better with time and any "tweaking" that is necessary.

Steve

Forgot to add I think its a great idea for product reviews..It only benefits both the customer and maker in the end..as long as its done in a constructive way.
And as a maker you cant be thin skinned when it comes to criticism.
I re-did my vest and jumpsuit patterns several times because of criticism from customers and finally got both items where they looked really good and both the customer and I were happy.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back